Teaching and Learning Resources
Difficult Dialogues in the Classroom
Feedback & Grading: Designing Effective, Efficient Strategies
Giving Students Voice and Agency In Our Courses
Inclusive Pedagogies: Creating an Inclusive Classroom Climate: What Does the Research Say, and How Do We Do It?
Mid-Semester Feedback - The University of Texas Faculty Innovation Center
Pedagogies for Making Connections
Supporting Students in Distress
Syllabus Design - Preparing a Learner-Centered Syllabus - Sara Fulmer, The Learning Scientists Blog
Community-Engaged Learning: See the Office of Community-Engaged Learning for resources and support for CEL.
Teaching Writing: The Debby Ellis Writing Center has extensive faculty resources related to the teaching of writing, as well as resources for students writing in the disciplines.
Digital Liberal Arts: “Digital Scholarship @ Southwestern University” showcases major SU digital projects and provides guides to digital tools for teaching and scholarship. See the Research and Digital Scholarship department at the Smith Library for additional resources and support.
Additional teaching resource guides
- Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching - Teaching Guides
- University of Michigan Center for Research on Teaching and Learning - Resources & Publications
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence and Educational Innovation - “Solve a Teaching Problem” or “Other Resources”
Scholarships and Creative Works Resources
Research & Writing
- Making a Summer Plan
- Making Time for Writing and Research
- Writing / Research Progress Log & Charts (prepared for 2016 & 2017, but could be adapted to other years)
- Writing / Research Reflection & Planning at end of semester
Professional Image, Profile, and Discoverability