Teaching and Learning Resources
Teaching & Learning Resources by Topic
- Difficult Dialogues in the Classroom
- Feedback & Grading: Designing Effective, Efficient Strategies
- Giving Students Voice and Agency In Our Courses
- Inclusive Pedagogies:
- Mid-Semester Feedback - The University of Texas Faculty Innovation Center
- Pedagogies for Making Connections
- Supporting Students in Distress
- Syllabus Design - Preparing a Learner-Centered Syllabus - Sara Fulmer, The Learning Scientists Blog
- See the Office of Community-Engaged Learning for resources and support for CEL.
- The Debby Ellis Writing Center has extensive faculty resources related to the teaching of writing, as well as resources for students writing in the disciplines.
Digital Liberal Arts
- “Digital Scholarship @ Southwestern University” showcases major SU digital projects and provides guides to digital tools for teaching and scholarship.
- See the Research and Digital Scholarship department at the Smith Library for additional resources and support.
Additional teaching resource guides
- Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching - Teaching Guides
- University of Michigan Center for Research on Teaching and Learning - Resources & Publications
- Carnegie Mellon University’s Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence and Educational Innovation - “Solve a Teaching Problem” or “Other Resources”
Scholarships and Creative Works Resources
Research & Writing
- Making a Summer Plan
- Making Time for Writing and Research
- Writing / Research Progress Log & Charts (prepared for 2016 & 2017, but could be adapted to other years)
- Writing / Research Reflection & Planning at end of semester
Professional Image, Profile, and Discoverability