Internal funding is provided by Southwestern University and, in the case of the Sam Taylor Fellowships, by the United Methodist Church’s Board of Higher Education & Ministry.
- Faculty research and creative works: Detailed guidelines about funding categories and processes are available on the Dean of the Faculty’s “Faculty Resources for Research” page.
- Undergraduate research and creative works: Detailed guidelines about funding categories and processes are available on the “Support for Undergraduate Research and Creative Works” page
The Office of Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship coordinates funding related to:
- Faculty research and creative works:
- Undergraduate research and creative works:
- Fleming Student Travel (for students who have been accepted to present at a conference)
- King Creativity Fund
- Faculty-student collaborations:
- SCOPE Summer Research
- Faculty-Student Projects
The Office of Foundation Relations supports faculty in seeking external grants and fellowships. Senior Director of Foundation Relations, Larkin Tom, and Associate Director of Grants, Niki Bertrand, can support your efforts to secure funding for research and creative work. For more information about how they can help, and for guidance about seeking resources, visit their “Grants & Professional Development” page.
The Office of Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship also works closely with Foundation Relations to support the grants program of the Associated Colleges of the South.