Center for Teaching, Learning & Scholarship
The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship supports faculty as continuously developing teacher-scholars. The center’s work with faculty is formative, confidential, and voluntary. It seeks to:
- promote intentional, evidence-based, and inclusive teaching and learning practices
- support faculty as they develop their scholarly and creative work and professional activity;
- explore the integration of scholarship and teaching that will enrich the education of
- support the professional formation and success of faculty across their career stages at Southwestern;
- And assist Southwestern faculty and staff in developing courses and curricula, scholarly projects, institutional initiatives, and collaborations across disciplines.
To do so, it collaborates closely with other offices and leaders that support scholarly and pedagogical work, including the Smith Library, the Office of Community-Engaged Learning, the Director of Advising and Retention, the FYS program, the Paideia program, Foundation Relations, and the Office of the Dean of the Faculty.
Visit our events page for more details about upcoming faculty development opportunities.