Submission of Abstracts
The submission for abstracts will be accepted from January 16 - February 24.
The 2020 RCWS is scheduled for Tuesday, April 14, 2020.
Deadline: Abstracts are due on Monday, February 24 by 5:00 pm through the online submission portal.
Abstract Writing Workshop:
- Friday, February 7, 12:00-1:00 pm - Introduction to Abstract Writing - This mini workshop will introduce students to the basic conventions of abstract writing. We will look at models from prior Research and Creative Works Symposium and break down the parts of an abstract. Light lunch provided.
- Friday, February 21, 12:00-1:00 pm - Abstract Review Workshop — This workshop is for writers who would like peer feedback on their Research and Creative Works Symposium abstracts prior to submission. Please bring a full draft for review. Light lunch provided.
Both workshops will be held in the Debby Ellis Writing Center (The A. Frank Smith, Jr. Library, Rm 111) and hosted by Dr. Jennifer Marciniak, Director of the Debby Ellis Writing Center.
- Abstract Submission Process
- Abstract Preparation Guide
- Sample Presentations (illustrating the format and style of presentations)
- 2020 RCWS Poster