The Facilities Management staff provide the services that the campus needs to function on a daily basis. We keep the campus buildings in good repair, keep the landscape groomed, and make sure it is a safe place for everybody. In short, we are the people who keep things running behind the scenes.
The Building Maintenance Team supports the multiple facets of facilities maintenance for Southwestern University. This team of building trades professionals is responsible for the general conditions of every facility on campus including:
- Electrical and lighting
The Electrical/Mechanical Team supports the more technical aspects of the facilities infrastructure for Southwestern University. This team of highly skilled professionals is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing:
- HVAC systems
- Chilled water plant and infrastructure
- Boiler systems
- Electrical systems
- Domestic, waste, cooling and heating water systems
- Alarm systems
The Custodial Services Team is dedicated to creating and maintaining a clean, healthy and aesthetically pleasing campus environment. This devoted and industrious team of professionals is responsible for:
- Cleaning classrooms, offices, research labs, and public spaces
- Restroom cleaning, sanitizing, and restocking
- General Cleaning - walls, interior windows, drinking fountains, etc.
- Project/Specialty cleaning - hard surface refinishing and carpet cleaning and extracting
- Indoor trash and recycle removal
The Grounds Team is dedicated to the daily care and maintenance of all plant materials, trees, lawns, irrigation systems, and athletic fields. This team lays the foundation for first impressions for visiting students and families. This extremely hardworking team of landscaping professionals is responsible for:
- Turf management and tree care
- Shrub and flower bed care
- Outdoor trash and recycle removal, collection, and litter control
- Integrated Pest Management
The Project Manager oversees the planning, design, construction and renovation of campus facilities and grounds. Working closely with architects, engineers, general contractors, and Southwestern University stakeholders, the Project Manager strives to provide an appealing, productive, and safe working environment.
The Logistical Services Team provides the assistance necessary for office relocations, classroom arrangements, event setups and the logistical support for renovations. This team of dedicated individuals serves the entire campus community with a wide variety of tasks, including the relocation and storage of furniture, equipment, boxes, or just about anything else needing transport.
- Furniture and equipment relocation
- Event set up
- Campus storage and surplus inventory
Campus Post Office
The Campus Post Office Team provides prompt, reliable, and efficient services to the entire campus community. This team sorts and delivers a significant amount of mail and packages six days a week, in addition to serving as the hub for all outgoing mail and packages. This team is dedicated to delivering every piece of mail, every day in a safe and efficient manner and to providing a pleasant experience with package and mailing needs. The Campus Post Office is responsible for:
- Maintaining every student mailbox
- Providing stamps for purchase
- Mailing services for letters, postcards, and packages
- International mail service for letters, postcards, and large envelopes
Office of Sustainability
The Sustainability Coordinator and team of student workers advance campus sustainability through educational outreach and long-term projects. The Office of Sustainability is made up of the Sustainability Coordinator, 3 Sustainability Office Interns, and 11 Sustainability Ambassadors. The Office of Sustainability is responsible for:
- Georgetown Green Film Series
- The Treasure Chest
- Campus Sustainability Week and Earth Month Events
- Southwestern’s AASHE’s STARS report, Tree Campus Higher Education recognition, and Bee Campus USA Certification
Safety and Risk Management Office
The Director of Campus Safety and Risk Management serves the Southwestern community and the general public by overseeing a safety and risk management program for the purpose of creating a safe living, learning, and working environment.