Want to walk across the stage, or walk the plank? Items marked with an asterisk are required to graduate; the rest are highly suggested. Deadlines are in bold.
Mark Your Calendar
- Grad Cap Decorating (TBD)
- Senior Tower Signings (TBD)
- Senior Sip and See (October 24, 2020)
- Commencement (October 25, 2020)
*Seniors who have made a gift of $20.20 or higher will receive the senior glassware.
- Cap and gown rental fee: $34.50
- Deadline for ordering cap and gown is SEPT. 8.
- Reserve Tickets — Reservation for requesting tickets will become active Aug. 3
- Deadline for ordering tickets is SEPT. 8. Any tickets not claimed by this date, will be distributed to other graduates who are on a wait list.
- If your financial balances are cleared and all appropriate paperwork filed with the Records Office, Commencement tickets will be distributed to you in advance. Otherwise, tickets will be available at the will-call booth on Commencement day, but on a space-available basis.
Contact the Business Office*
- To be sure that your student account does not have a balance due. Incidental charges like library fines, traffic tickets, discipline fines, student health services charges, etc. could have been invoiced since your last payment.
- All Seniors are required to set up Direct Deposit at www.southwestern.edu/
SUrefunds. This will allow the Business Office to make necessary refunds on student accounts as well as housing deposit refunds.
Contact the Financial Aid Office
- Exit counseling will help you understand the next steps for keeping your student loans in good standing and help to ensure your loan repayment is seamless and successful.
- This applies only to students with loans. A mailing regarding the exit counseling process will be sent in May, after the end of the spring semester. Contact the Office of Financial Aid with any questions.
- Make your Senior Gift
- Sign the Cullen Tower
- Homecoming Weekend - Times TBD
- October 25 - Time TBD
- Southwestern Rings can be ordered by contacting Balfour at 866-225-3687 or San Jose Jewelers at 254-666-5455.
Visit for Center for Career & Professional Development for advice and resources to implement your job/grad school search
- Leverage the PirateConnect virtual network of alumni and students for career and life advice”
- Save/transfer all items from your Moodle and Google accounts
- Migrate to your alumni email address
- Beginning in late April 2020