Want to walk across the stage, or walk the plank? Items marked with an asterisk are required to graduate; the rest are highly suggested. Deadlines are in bold.
Submit your Application for Diploma*
- December Graduates: October 1, 2019
- May & Summer Graduates: January 31, 2020
- Sign your scholarship thank you note
- This may not apply to all students. For questions contact Maria Kruger.
Mark Your Calendar
- Senior Year Kickoff at Uptown Social (September 5, 2020)
- Homecoming 2019 (October 4-6, 2019)
- Fall Senior Social (November 5, 2019)
- December Graduate Celebration & Tower Signing (December 5, 2019)
- Graduation Fair and Senior Social (March 3, 2020)
- Tower Signing / Greek & Senior Event (April 4, 2020)
- Tower Society & Alumni Mixer - TBD **
- Tower Society President’s Reception (May 4, 2020) **
- Senior Brunch Celebration (May 5, 2020)
- Grad Cap Decorating (May 6, 2020)
- Final Senior Tower Signing (May 7, 2020)
- Commencement (May 9, 2020)
**Seniors who have made a gift of $20.20 or higher will receive special invitation to these following events.
- Cap and gown fee is TBD. A $20 late fee will be applied after March 26.
- Reserve tickets to Commencement (Spring 2020)
- Deadline for ordering tickets is March 26. Any tickets not claimed by this date, will be distributed to other graduates who are on a wait list.
- If your financial balances are cleared and all appropriate paperwork filed with the Records Office, Commencement tickets will be distributed to you in advance. Otherwise, tickets will be available at the will-call booth on Commencement day, but on a space-available basis.
Contact the Business Office*
- To make sure your financial affairs are in order and learn of next steps so that your loan repayment is seamless and successful.
- To be sure that your student account does not have a balance due. Incidental charges like library fines, traffic tickets, discipline fines, student health services charges, etc. could have been invoiced since your last payment.
- All Seniors are required to set up Direct Deposit at www.southwestern.edu/
SUrefunds. This will allow the Business Office to make necessary refunds on student accounts as well as housing deposit refunds.
Complete online exit counseling for your student loans.
- This may not apply to all students. You will receive a mailing regarding this process in May, after graduation. Contact the Office of Financial Aid with any questions.
- Make your Senior Gift
- Sign the Cullen Tower
- December 5 - December Graduate Tower Signing
- April 4 - Tower Signing
- May 7 - Final Tower Signing
- Additional Tower Day dates and times TBD
- Southwestern Rings can be ordered by contacting Balfour at 866-225-3687 or San Jose Jewelers at 254-666-5455.
- Watch your email for announcements of Ring Order Days this fall. The Southwestern Ring Ceremony will be held Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020.
- Visit for Center for Career & Professional Development for advice and resources to implement your job/grad school search
- Attend Grad Fair (Tuesday, March 3)
- Reserve tickets to Commencement
- Order your cap & gown
- Order your graduation announcements
- Provide your contact information to The Association of Southwestern University Alumni
- Make your Senior Gift
- Learn about alumni benefits and how to stay connected after graduation
- Vote for:
- Young Alumni Board of Trustee
- Save/transfer all items from your Moodle and Google accounts
- Migrate to your alumni email address
- Beginning in late April 2020