Want to walk across the stage, or walk the plank? Items marked with an asterisk are required to graduate; the rest are highly suggested. Deadlines are in bold.
Submit your Application for Diploma*
- December Graduates: October 2, 2018
- May & Summer Graduates: February 1, 2019
- Sign your scholarship thank you note
- This may not apply to all students. For questions contact Maria Kruger.
- Order your cap & gown*
- Cap and gown fee is $33.07. A $20 late fee will be applied after March 26.
- Reserve tickets to Commencement (Spring 2019)
- Deadline for ordering tickets is March 26. Any tickets not claimed by this date, will be distributed to other graduates who are on a wait list.
- If your financial balances are cleared and all appropriate paperwork filed with the Records Office, Commencement tickets will be distributed to you in advance. Otherwise, tickets will be available at the will-call booth on Commencement day, but on a space-available basis.
Contact the Business Office*
- To make sure your financial affairs are in order and learn of next steps so that your loan repayment is seamless and successful.
- To be sure that all library fines, traffic tickets, discipline fines, student health services charges, etc. are paid.
- All Seniors are encouraged to set up Direct Deposit at www.southwestern.edu/
SUrefunds. This will allow the Business Office to make necessary refunds on student accounts as well as housing deposit refunds.
- Complete online exit counseling for your student loans.
- This may not apply to all students. You will receive a mailing regarding this process in May, after graduation. Contact the Office of Financial Aid with any questions.
- Make your Senior Gift
- Sign the Cullen Tower
- Tower Day dates and times TBD
- Order your Southwestern signet ring
- Southwestern Rings can be ordered by contacting Balfour at 866-225-3687 or San Jose Jewelers at 254-666-5455.
- San Jose orders placed by Aug. 31 and Balfour orders placed by Sept. 13 will be included in the Ring Ceremony on Saturday, Oct. 27, during Homecoming.
- Visit Career Services
- Attend Grad Fair (Tuesday, March 5)
- Reserve tickets to Commencement
- Order your cap & gown
- Order your graduation announcements
- Provide your contact information to The Association of Southwestern University Alumni
- Make your Senior Gift
- Learn about alumni benefits and how to stay connected after graduation
- Vote for:
- Young Alumni Board of Trustee
- Save/transfer all items from your Moodle and Google accounts
- Migrate to your alumni email address
- Beginning in late April 2019
- Prepare for post-graduate life