- Senior Kickoff at District Six (September 7, 2023)
- Senior Social at Rentsch Brewery (November 2023)
- December Graduate Celebration & Tower Signing (December 5, 2023)
- Graduation Fair (February 27, 2024)
- Cap & Gown Order Deadline (March 25, 2024)
- Commencement Convocation (May 11, 2024)
The Ultimate Grad Giveaway will be awarded on the morning of Grad Fair (February 27) and includes free commencement robe rental, reserved seating and parking at Commencement, a stay at the Sheraton commencement weekend, a $100 Monument/El Mon gift card, and more. Every senior is entered to win, but you can earn extra entries every time you attend a senior event. Also, if you make your senior gift by September 7, you will receive an additional FIVE entries into this drawing.
Caps & Gowns can be ordered here.
- Robe rental ordering will begin February 27 at the Grad Fair
- The cap and gown rental fee is $36.60 + tax
- The deadline for ordering cap and gown is March 25, 2024
Please reach out to your Academic Department to inquire about cords, as each individual department is responsible for issuing cords.
- Contact the Business Office to be sure that your student account does not have a balance due. Incidental charges like library fines, traffic tickets, discipline fines, student health services charges, etc. could have been invoiced since your last payment.
- All Seniors are required to set up Direct Deposit at www.southwestern.edu/SUrefunds. This will allow the Business Office to make necessary refunds on student accounts as well as housing deposit refunds.
- Exit counseling will help you understand the next steps for keeping your student loans in good standing and help to ensure your loan repayment is seamless and successful.
- This applies only to students with loans. A mailing regarding the exit counseling process will be sent in May, after the end of the spring semester.
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid with any questions.
Dates and times will be added to this webpage as they are confirmed.
We do ask for a minimum $10 gift to sign the Tower. This gift can be made to any area of campus you want to support.Contact Becky Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- Spring Dates TBD
Seniors who have made a gift of $20.24 or higher will receive the senior tower glass and blanket. Click here to make your senior gift.
As a benefit of membership in the Alumni Association, you are provided a new Alumni Google account. Many seniors requested an alumni email account through Southwestern. If you did not request an alumni account, but still are interested in one, please complete this online form – https://tinyurl.com/SUStudentData.
- Beginning in late April 2024
- Student accounts will be deleted on July 1, 2024
Save/transfer all items from your Moodle and Google accounts
- If you did not request an alumni email account, the migration of Student Gmail/Drive/Data can only transition to another Gmail account. Your SU alumni account or your personal Gmail account will suffice.
- Please give yourself a few days for the migration process. If you want to keep your data, we suggest you follow our online guide to:
- Forward new emails from your Student Gmail to your Alumni Gmail through December. This allows time for you to update your email address on file with various vendors (e.g., bank, Facebook, etc.). Note: Your email forwarding will end when your account closes on July 1.
- Use Google Transfer to move your Student Gmail/Drive to your Alumni account.
- Use Google Takeout to archive your Student Google data including Calendar, Contacts, Hangouts, Keep, Youtube, and more.
About the Survey
Data collection begins in April prior to May Commencement and continues through the following March. Surveys will be emailed to graduating seniors in April, hard copies of surveys are collected at Commencement in May, follow-up emails are sent in October, Phonathon calling takes place in November and February, and continued phone calls and emails round out the data collection in early March.
The resultant aggregated data includes information about percentage working or going to school, locations, a sampling of employers and graduate programs, salaries, and internship information. For questions or more detailed information please contact email@example.com .
To Take the Survey
The Class of 2023 (December 2022, May 2023, August 2023) survey takes place from April 2023 to March 2024. For questions or problems, email Pirate2Pro@southwestern.edu or call 512.863.1346.
Your SU Google account will be accessible until June 30, 2024. After that date, your account will be deleted and all emails, documents, contact lists, and calendar items will be lost. Please pay attention to these dates!
KEY DATES FOR MIGRATION:
ANYTIME: Request an alumni email account here
May 1, 2024: You will receive an email with instructions on how to migrate your Google account information. It is not recommended to migrate your account until after you have completed all of your courses.
ANYTIME AFTER MAY 30, 2024: Log into the Alumni Directory (southwestern.edu/alumni/directory) as an alumnus/a. Double check your information and update as necessary.
June 30, 2024: Deadline to migrate your student email account information to a new Gmail account. (This could be your new alumni email account.)
July 1, 2024: The University will delete all graduates’ accounts. Once deleted, accounts are no longer accessible. Any emails sent to your student account will bounce back to the sender.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-863-1410
Please share your involvement while attending Southwestern. This information will help the University keep you updated regarding these organizations and experiences after you’ve graduated.