No. We suggest you wear business attire. This event will be held outdoors, therefore, dress accordingly.
No. Tickets are only required for Commencement Convocation.
Yes. All guests, including children, are required to have a ticket.
Extra tickets will not be available this year. Your commencement tickets are non-transferable (cannot be shared with other graduates) due to Southwestern University’s social distancing regulations at Birkelbach Field. In an effort to follow CDC guidelines, each party of eight (8) will be required to wear masks at all times and will be seated in a pod that will accommodate up to eight family members. For members of your family who are unable to attend, a livestream of the ceremonies will be available to view.
- All attendees must wear a mask, including children (2 years of age or older).
- Designated guests seating area will be identified by magnetic markings in which no more than eight (8) guests can be seated per pod.
- All family pods, as well as graduates will be distanced at a minimum of 6 feet.
- If you are unable to attend the Commencement Convocation due to underlying health conditions, there will be a live stream available.
- Each graduate will be required to distance 6 feet between one another during the Commencement Convocation
- Special needs seating will be distanced at a minimum of 6’ feet and one family member may accompany the individual.
Reserved seating for guests with special needs is available by request. Requests can be made during the ticket reservation process or by contacting the Office of University Events at Events@southwestern.edu or 512-863-1483 at least five weeks in advance.
Early arrival is encouraged as a limited number of special needs parking spaces are available.
On-Campus Friday Events
Special needs parking is designated in the Corbin J. Robertson Center parking lot. If parking for special needs is at capacity, the Corbin J. Robertson Center parking lot is designated as the drop-off site for guests with limited mobility.
Off-Campus Saturday Events
Special needs parking is designated near the entrance of Birkelbach Field. If parking for special needs at Birkelbach Field is at capacity, look for the drop-off site at the entrance of the stadium.