Want to walk across the stage, or walk the plank? Items marked with an asterisk are required to graduate; the rest are highly suggested. Deadlines are in bold.
Mark Your Calendar
- Senior Tower Signings (TBD)
- Commencement Convocation (May 8, 2021)
*Seniors who have made a gift of $20.20 or higher will receive the senior glassware.
- Graduates who ordered cap and gowns in the spring will be receiving a refund from Jostens by the end of May.
- Cap, tassel and stole may be ordered now and is yours to keep. Robe rental ordering will begin August 3.
- Cap and gown rental fee: $34.50
- Deadline for ordering cap and gown is SEPT. 8.
Contact the Business Office*
- To be sure that your student account does not have a balance due. Incidental charges like library fines, traffic tickets, discipline fines, student health services charges, etc. could have been invoiced since your last payment.
- All Seniors are required to set up Direct Deposit at www.southwestern.edu/
SUrefunds. This will allow the Business Office to make necessary refunds on student accounts as well as housing deposit refunds.
Contact the Financial Aid Office
- Exit counseling will help you understand the next steps for keeping your student loans in good standing and help to ensure your loan repayment is seamless and successful.
- This applies only to students with loans. A mailing regarding the exit counseling process will be sent in May, after the end of the spring semester. Contact the Office of Financial Aid with any questions.
- Make your Senior Gift
- Sign the Cullen Tower
- October 24 - Time TBD
- Southwestern Rings can be ordered by contacting Balfour at 866-225-3687 or San Jose Jewelers at 254-666-5455.
Visit for Center for Career & Professional Development for advice and resources to implement your job/grad school search
- Leverage the PirateConnect virtual network of alumni and students for career and life advice”
Save/transfer all items from your Moodle and Google accounts
- If you did not request an alumni email account, the migration of Student Gmail/Drive/Data can only transition to another Gmail account. Your SU alumni account or your personal Gmail account will suffice.
- Please give yourself a few days for the migration process. If you want to keep your data, we suggest you follow our online guide to:
- Forward new emails from your Student Gmail to your Alumni Gmail through December. This allows time for you to update your email address on file with various vendors (e.g., bank, Facebook, etc.). Note: Your email forwarding will end when your account closes on December 1.
- Use Google Transfer to move your Student Gmail/Drive to your Alumni account.
- Use Google Takeout to archive your Student Google data including Calendar, Contacts, Hangouts, Keep, Youtube and more.
- Migrate to your alumni email address
- As a benefit of membership in the Alumni Association, you are provided a new Alumni Google account. Many seniors requested an alumni email account through Southwestern. If you did not request an alumni account, but still are interested in one, please complete this online form – https://tinyurl.com/SUStudentData.
- Beginning in late April 2020
- Student accounts will be deleted on December 1, 2020