Notable Faculty & Student Achievements
Please join us in congratulating the recipients of the following awards:
- 2021 Teaching Awards
- Tenured: Associate Professor of Education Alicia Moore
- Tenure-track: Assistant Professor of Business Gabriela Flores
- Visiting, part-time, and staff with faculty rank: Director of General Chemistry Labs Willis Weigand
- 2021 Jesse E. Purdy Excellence in Scholarly and Creative Works Award
- Tenured: Associate Professor of Communication Studies Bob Bednar
- Tenure-track: Assistant Professor of History Joseph Hower
2021 Excellence in Advising Award
- Professor of Spanish Laura Senio Blair
Professor of Education Michael Kamen and Alys Mendus, instructor at the University of Melbourne Graduate School of Education, presented “That Could Work in My Class! Adapting STEM Pedagogy from Non-Traditional Approaches” at a roundtable session at the 2021 Virtual Conference of the International Consortium for Research in Science and Mathematics Education.
Professor of Education Michael Kamen and junior education majors Antonia Renfroe ’22 and Gracie Huber ’22 presented “Well, I Guess I Am Teaching Remotely: Challenges and Lessons Learned from an Online Elementary Science Methods Course” at a roundtable session at the 2021 Virtual Conference of the International Consortium for Research in Science and Mathematics Education.
Associate Professor of Education Alicia Moore was recently selected as a faculty success program coach for the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity. The Faculty Success Program is an online program designed to teach tenure-track and tenured faculty the skills needed to increase both their research and writing productivity while maintaining a healthy work–life balance. As a trained faculty coach, she is charged with providing personalized support to the diverse group of participants.