The Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Center
The Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Center, formerly named Office of Diversity Education, works to promote diversity, inclusion, equity, and social justice initiatives on campus. The JEDI Center provides resources and supports the continued development of a positive campus climate.
The JEDI Center Offers:
- Support for historically underrepresented students in higher education.
- Advising for the cultural and identity-based student organizations included in the Coalition for Diversity and Social Justice (CDSJ).
- Workshops on diversity and social justice topics for the Southwestern University community.
- Events and programs to promote awareness about diversity and social justice.
- Resource library, study groups, safe and brave spaces, healing spaces, and a place to relax and study.
- Networking and outreach opportunities for faculty, staff and students.
- Diversity Enrichment Committee Funding for programs and events.
- Diversity Trainings and Workshops
- The JEDI Center will create workshops tailored to your specific needs and interests.
“The ODE has such wonderful programs! Lavender Spaces and LavGrad were what made me choose SU.”
-Patrick Garza, ’16
The JEDI Center serves as an advisor to and provides support and resources for the Coalition for Diversity and Social Justice (CDSJ), which includes eleven cultural, identity, and social justice–based groups. All students and organizations are welcome to be a part of the Coalition if they are interested in working on diversity, inclusion, and social justice causes.