Diversity Enrichment Committee
The Diversity Enrichment Committee (DEC) promotes a diverse student, staff, and faculty body and an inclusive environment that is equally welcoming to all.
The committee is composed of faculty, staff, and students. All of the major branches of the university (Dean of Faculty Office, Student Life, Enrollment Management, Coalition for Diversity and Social Justice and Student Congress) are represented on the DEC.
Subcommittees of the DEC include: Communication, Institutional Culture, Curricular Enhancement, Faculty and Staff Recruitment and Retention, Institutional Partnerships and the Social Justice Programming Committee.
Diversity Enrichment Funding Application
The Diversity Enrichment Committee encourages campus organizations, departments and student affairs offices to provide opportunities and programs which further diversity on campus. Limited funding is available for such efforts. The committee determines an annual amount available for funding requests from campus groups at the beginning of each academic year. Funding requests received are considered on a rolling basis.
Diversity Enrichment Committee Members (2016-2017)
- Carlos De Oro, Co-Chair, Faculty Representative
- Terri Johnson, Co-Chair, Assistant Dean for Student Multicultural Affairs, Ex officio (Convener)
- Kathleen Juhl, Faculty Representative
- Omar Rivera, Faculty Representative
- Gabriela Flores, Faculty Representative
- Megan Danner, Staff Representative
- Grace Mineta, Staff Representative
- Alma Raymer, Staff Representative
- Stephanie Garcia, Student Representative, Coalition for Diversity and Social Justice
- TBD, Student Representative, Student Government Association
- Katarina Ashour, Student Representative, Multicultural Affairs, Recorder
- Kendall Richards, Associate Dean of the Faculty, Ex officio
For more information regarding the Diversity Enrichment Committee please contact:
Terri Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Anonymous comments can be posted from this field and are submitted directly to the Diversity Enrichment Committee.