Diversity Enrichment Committee
The Diversity Enrichment Committee (DEC) promotes a diverse student, staff, and faculty body and an inclusive environment that is equally welcoming to all.
The committee is composed of faculty, staff, and students. All of the major branches of the university (Dean of Faculty Office, Student Life, Enrollment Management, Coalition for Diversity and Social Justice and Student Government) are represented on the DEC.
Diversity Enrichment Funding Application
The Diversity Enrichment Committee encourages campus organizations, departments and student affairs offices to provide opportunities and programs which further diversity on campus. Limited funding is available for such efforts. The committee determines an annual amount available for funding requests from campus groups at the beginning of each academic year. Funding requests received are considered on a rolling basis.
Diversity Enrichment Committee Members (2019 - 2020)
- Carlos De Oro, Co-Chair, Faculty Representative
- Terri Johnson, Co-Chair, Assistant Dean/Multicultural Affairs, Ex officio
- Omar Rivera, Faculty Representative
- Gabriela Flores, Faculty Representative
- Jethro Hernandez Berrones, Faculty Representative
- Reggie Byron, Faculty Representative (spring, 2020)
- Angeles Rodriguez Cadena, Faculty Representative (spring, 2020)
- Marie Worsham, Staff Representative
- Jennifer Smull, Staff Representative
- Tayvin Otti, Student Representative, Student Government Association
- Diana Truumees, Recorder, Coalition for Diversity and Social Justice, Student Representative
- Kayla Ingram, Multicultural Affairs Student Representative
- Emma Lopez, I-CORPS Diversity and Inclusion Intern Representative
- Kendall Richards, Associate Dean of the Faculty, Ex officio
For more information regarding the Diversity Enrichment Committee please contact:
Terri Johnson (email@example.com).
Anonymous comments can be posted from this field and are submitted directly to the Diversity Enrichment Committee.