Who Visits Counseling Services?
Counseling is a great way to receive guidance in order to resolve difficulties, process past experiences, and learn new skills.
Any enrolled student can make use of our free counseling services. Counselors are available to help you work through any kind of concern in a supportive, confidential setting. In counseling, students talk about many concerns including, but not limited to:
- Test anxiety
- Problems with sleep
- Procrastination or lack of motivation
- Sadness, mood swings, irritability
- Losses and grief
- Oppression and marginalization
- Relationships, loneliness
- Identity development
- Gender identity
- Eating and body image
- Family and parents
- Feeling violated, abuse, sexual assault
- Feeling out of control (drugs, alcohol, internet)
- Figuring out school and life plans
- Sorting through hard choices
If you would like to meet with a counselor, please contact the Counseling Center at 512.863.1252.