Who Visits Counseling Services?
Each year, one in four SU students visits The Counseling Center. Counseling is a great way to receive guidance in order to resolve difficulties, process past experiences, and learn new skills.
Any enrolled student can make use of our free counseling services. Counselors are available to help you work through any kind of concern in a supportive, confidential setting. In counseling, students talk about many concerns including, but not limited to:
- Test anxiety
- Problems sleeping
- No motivation or procrastination
- Sadness, mood swings, irritability
- Losses and grief
- Relationships, loneliness
- Sex, sexual orientation
- Eating and body image
- Family and parents
- Feeling violated, abuse, sexual assault
- Feeling out of control (drugs, alcohol, internet)
- Figuring out school and life plans
- Sorting through hard choices