Payment Options Video
1. Transact Payments Portal (formerly CashNet Payment Portal)
For a short video regarding your payment options in the Transact Payments Portal go here .
For an explanation of the different sections of the Transact Payments Portal go here.
Online Credit Card or ACH Payments
- Credit Card and ACH payments area accepted online through a student’s WebAdvisor account in the Transact Payments Portal.
- Credit Cards that are accepted include MasterCard, Discover, Visa and American Express. A 2.75% processing fee will be added to the amount.
- Electronic Check/ACH payments are also accepted with no additional processing fee; however, please note that ACH payments that are returned from the bank will result in a return payment fee of $30 being added to the student account.
- Transact Payments Support is also available to handle any questions or issues at 1-800-339-8131 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm EST or SmartPaySupport@transactpayments.com .
Enroll in the SU Payment Plan
A payment plan allows you to pay your tuition and fees in smaller, more manageable monthly installments. With a low fee of $25 at time of enrollment, you can avoid the high interest rates that come with typical loans. It only takes a few minutes to enroll, so you can simply set it and forget it!
- SU provides an optional interest free term specific monthly payment plan to students and parents that is integrated to the student account balance.
- The maximum number of monthly payments for each term is based on your enrollment date.
- There is a $25 nonrefundable enrollment fee that is due upon enrollment.
- For more details about the SU Payment Plan please use the link at the left or go here .
Students Must “Send Invitation” to Payer(s) to Allow Access to Transact Payments Portal
- Students must log on to the Transact Payments Portal to “Send an Invitation” to parents or other authorized individuals to grant them access to the student account on-line so these individuals can also view e-bills, make on-line payments, and enroll in the SU Payment Plan.
- Instructions for Granting Payers Access are found here.
- This is a 2 Part Process. - Part 1 is the student sending the invitation to the Payer. Part 2 is the payer using the notification email received to login within 24 hours with the temporary password provided.
Parents must use the following web address to make payments online at: https://commerce.cashnet.com/
2. By Mail
Check, money order, or cashier’s check can be sent by mail to the address below depending on your method of mail delivery. Please make the check payable to Southwestern University and include the student’s ID number on the memo line to ensure it is posted to the proper account.
Regular Mailing Address:
PO Box 770
Georgetown, TX 78627
Physical Address for Overnight Payments:
1001 East University Avenue
Georgetown, TX 78626
3. In Person
The Business Office is located on the first floor of the Cullen Building. Cash, check, money order or cashier’s check accepted. Credit cards are not accepted at the Business Office – only online.
4. International Payments
- We suggest International payments be made in the Transact Payment portal.
- However, if you prefer to use Convera (formerly Western Union) for international payments, use this link to access the Convera payment site.
5. Guaranteed Tuition Plans
- If you have a Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan or other out-of-state plan, please contact the Business Office at (512) 863-1928 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We will need a copy of your ID card or other plan document that shows benefits.
- Once the benefit information is received the student account will be credited for the amount of the anticipated tuition plan credit.
- Southwestern charges a flat tuition rate for the credit hours of 12-19. An “anticipated tuition credit” for 12 hours will be added to the student account based on the plan. After the add/drop period is over, this anticipated amount will be adjust based on the actual hours of enrollment.