Contracted Visitor Policies
Contracted Visitors on Campus - COVID-19 Plan Agreement
All contracted visitors, to include contractors, vendors, independent contractors, invited speakers/scholars/researchers, volunteers (paid and unpaid), graduate interns (paid or unpaid) (known as contractor/vendor) shall comply with all University policies, procedures, and protocols at the date and time of visit. Contracted visitors are required to follow all instructions from authorized University personnel and maintain communication as directed from their Southwestern sponsor/onsite contact person. Contracted visitors shall also uphold and follow all current protocols according to the various government entities including, but not limited to, the United States Government, the State of Texas, Williamson County, Texas, the City of Georgetown, Texas, and all protocols for Southwestern University at the date and time of visit. These protocols are provided to help contain the spread of COVID-19 related to contracted visitors who are approved to visit/work on campus at Southwestern University.
The contracted visitor agrees to check this Contracted Visitor Policy page on a daily basis, prior to reporting to campus, for updated and changed protocol information. They also agree to follow stated protocols and to responsibly communicate this information to all employees/participants/subcontractors, enforce the prescribed expectations, and frequently remind their employees to follow these protocols while on the Southwestern University campus.
Southwestern’s current protocols for all contracted visitors identified above is as follows:
- Contracted visitors should not report to campus if they are ill or showing signs/symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, coughing, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, headaches, loss of smell, taste).
- Contracted visitors should not report to campus if they are unvaccinated and have had close contact with a person confirmed of COVID-19 until their self-quarantine period of 14 days has ended.
- All contracted visitors approved to visit/work on-site should routinely practice frequent handwashing, physical distancing to the extent possible (keeping a minimum of three feet apart), and good hygiene practices (e.g. covering cough with elbow, avoid touching face).
- Masks are required inside all campus buildings, regardless of vaccination status.
- There is no requirement for wearing a face mask on campus when outside.
- Contracted visitors should conduct temperature monitoring the day(s) of their visit/prior to the scheduled arrival time and if a temperature of 99.6 F or higher is indicated, they are not allowed to visit/work on campus and will not be allowed on campus until cleared.
- Frequent hand washing during a campus visit is essential to help prevent the potential for contamination.
- In addition, contracted visitors should continuously self-monitor, and if any symptoms are present, they should be reported to their Southwestern sponsor/onsite contact person/supervisor immediately.