Policies & Procedures
Contracted Visitor Policies
Contracted Visitors on Campus - COVID-19 Plan Agreement
All contracted visitors shall comply with all University policies and procedures, follow all instructions from authorized campus personnel, and maintain communication as directed from their Southwestern sponsor/onsite contact person. Contracted visitors shall also uphold and follow all current protocols according to the various government entities including, but not limited to, the United States Government, the State of Texas, Williamson County, Texas, the City of Georgetown, Texas, and all protocols for Southwestern University at the date and time of visit. These protocols are provided to help contain the spread of COVID-19 related to contracted visitors who are approved to visit/work on the University campus.
The contracted visitor agrees to check this Contracted Visitor Policy page on a daily basis, prior to reporting to campus, for updated and changed protocol information. They also agree to follow stated protocols and to responsibly communicate this information to all employees, participants, and subcontractors and enforce the prescribed expectations and frequently remind their employees to follow these protocols while on the Southwestern University campus. Masking is optional in most areas on campus, including classrooms. However, individuals who have been exposed to COVID-19 or who are recovering from COVID-19 must follow the current University protocols for all contracted visitors (identified above) as follows:
- Contracted visitors should not report to campus if they have tested positive for COVID-19 or if they are ill or showing signs/symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, coughing, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, headaches, loss of smell, taste). They should self-isolate for a period of 5 days from the start of symptoms. After this time, if symptoms are improving and they have not had a fever for 24 hours (without the use of fever reducing medication) they may return to campus, but must wear a tight-fitting mask for an additional 5 days. Those with continuing symptoms past the initial 5 day self-isolation should not report to campus for a period of 10 days.
- Contracted visitors who have no symptoms, but have been identified as a close contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19, may report to campus. However, a tight-fitting mask must be worn for 10 days when around others.
- All contracted visitors approved to visit/work on-site should routinely practice frequent handwashing and good hygiene practices (e.g. covering cough with elbow, avoid touching face).
- Frequent hand washing during a campus visit is essential to help prevent the potential for contamination.
- In addition, contracted visitors should continuously self-monitor, and if any symptoms are present, they should be reported to their Southwestern sponsor/onsite contact person/supervisor immediately.