Resources & Facilities
The Biology Department is committed to creating a dynamic, interactive and interdisciplinary science community for our students.
- an 800 net square foot (nsf) cell culture lab;
- shared cell and molecular biology research laboratory space for four faculty and their undergraduate students (2288 nsf);
- a new interdisciplinary Keck molecular biology center that contains core equipment (858 nsf);
- a new imaging center with microscopes, imaging equipment, and traditional darkroom (400 nsf);
- and research support facilities including autoclave, glassware washing, and laminar flow hoods.
In addition, the Biology Department has a Collaborative Learning Studio, which is a multi-functional space designed to enhance communication between members of different research labs, and serve as a venue for individual study, small group meetings and social gatherings. This space contains lounge furniture, meeting tables, projection equipment, and space for food and drink preparation. There is also a smaller interaction and study space with dry erase write-on walls. In this way, we hope to promote the exchange of ideas, provide opportunities to discuss technical challenges, and encourage discussion implications of research.