The following sites offer nationwide databases of job openings in biological sciences through industry, universities, or nonprofit organizations. Most are searchable by region, job title, or discipline, provide information about each company or agency and have resume posting and recruitment fair information.
INDUSTRY JOB DATABASES
- National Academy of Sciences: Research and management positions in immunology, toxicology and biochemistry.
- SciJobs.org: Searchable, browse jobs by employer or post your resume.
- Bioindustry - Health-related jobs, can be sorted by career interest.
HEALTH AND MEDICAL PROFESSIONS
- TAAHP Guide to Health Professions: A complete list of Allied Health/Professional schools in Texas. Gives information about what’s involved in each career, class prerequisites, and licensing requirements.
- American Association of Physician’s Assistants
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Center for Conservation Biology Network: Library resources, academic programs, conservation resource management and education programs.
- EnviroLink: Links to environmental organizations and coalitions. Has links to full time job and paid internship openings in conservation and ecology.
- Marine Biology: Comprehensive listing of programs and resources for marine biology and oceanography. Includes summer research openings.
- AASHE: Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education.
- Renewable Energy and Sustainability Careers: This guide helps current and prospective college students better understand the green energy sector. This includes a detailed look at more than a dozen specialties within “green”, non-profit organizations making a difference, and how to find and land a green job.
- Biospace jobs provides examples in life sciences.
- Nature Careers includes nature and biology related jobs internationally.
- Conservation Biology Careers gives conservation jobs by category.
UNDERGRADUATE WORK AND RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates: A complete listing of summer REU opportunities funded by the National Science Foundation. Listed by field and location.
- Smithsonian Institute - fellowships and internships associated with the national museum conglomerate.
GRADUATE SCHOOL INFORMATION
- Science Magazine: Lists all graduate programs in the United States by subject, includes contact information.