The following sites offer nationwide databases of job openings in biological sciences through industry, universities, or nonprofit organizations. Most are searchable by region, job title, or discipline, provide information about each company or agency and have resume posting and recruitment fair information.
INDUSTRY JOB DATABASES
- BioView A searchable database of biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry job openings. Includes information about each company.
- High Tech Career Magazine Information on job hunting strategies and trends in high technology employment.
- National Academy of Sciences: Research and management positions in immnology, toxicology and biochemistry.
- Registry: Academic positions in medicine and bioscience.
- SciJobs.org: Searchable, browse jobs by employer or post your resume.
- Science magazine: Search job ads from Science, get advice, post your resume, and get e-mail updates.
HEALTH AND MEDICAL PROFESSIONS
- TAAHP Guide to Health Professions: A complete list of Allied Health/Professional schools in Texas. Gives information about what’s involved in each career, class prerequisites, and licensing requirements.
- American Association of Physician’s Assistants
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Center for Conservation Biology Network: Library resources, academic programs, conservation resource management and education programs.
- EnviroLink: Links to environmental organizations and coalitions. Has links to full time job and paid internship openings in conservation and ecology.
- Marine Biology: Comprehensive listing of programs and resources for marine biology and oceanography. Includes summer research openings.
- AASHE: Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education.
Renewable Energy and Sustainability Careers: This guide helps current and prospective college students better understand the green energy sector. This includes a detailed look at more than a dozen specialties within “green”, non-profit organizations making a difference, and how to find and land a green job.
UNDERGRADUATE WORK AND RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates: A complete listing of summer REU opportunities funded by the National Science Foundation. Listed by field and location.
GRADUATE SCHOOL INFORMATION
- Science Magazine: Lists all graduate programs in the United States by subject, includes contact information.