Important information for incoming first-year students, including orientation, housing, first-year seminar, and more, as well as information for incoming transfer students, can be found in the Admission section of the website.
- First-Year Seminar or Advanced-Entry Seminar (FYS or AES)
- Languages and Cultures (need through the 3rd semester of a foreign language)
- Social Justice (may double count with any requirement)
- Fitness and Recreational Activity (FRA, 2 different FRA’s are required)
- Exploration and Breadth (6 courses must be taken from 6 different disciplines)
- Humanities, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, and Fine Arts (Generally major courses cannot be counted in Exploration and Breadth)
See Degree Requirements in the Catalog for more information.
We are in the process of creating an online process for advisor changes. In the meantime, if you are interested in changing your advisor, please email the faculty or staff member you wish to be your advisor. If they are willing and able to add you as an advisee, please forward the email with their confirmation to Dr. Jennifer Leach (firstname.lastname@example.org ) .
Use the Initial Declaration of Major form to declare your major (and minor, if applicable) for the first time:
Make changes to your major or minor with the following form. You can also use this form to add a new major or minor, add a dual degree, change your catalog year, or update your anticipated graduation date.
Information on obtaining credit for transfer courses or AP/IP credit can be found at the following location in the Records & Registrar section of the website.
Course equivalencies for transfer credit can be found in the Texas Common Course Number System (TCCNS) .
Degree plan templates can be found here for each catalog year since 2014-2015.