Intro to Advising
Get familiar with these fundamentals to make the most of your advising experience. Information on making advising appointments, how to prepare, and what to expect.
Information on advising for students in pre-med/health and other pre-professional pathways may be found at the following locations.
Additionally, each department has created a Pathway to Success handout for each major. These handouts supplement the degree plan to help you navigate your major by semester or by year with consideration to courses that should be completed, high-impact experiences you can engage in, and reflection questions to determine your goals moving forward.
Advising FAQ and Planning Tools
Answers to common questions on advising and information to help you plan your academic career.
Group Advising/Information Sessions Spring 2020
Attend a session to learn more about the major/minors available in SU’s departments. You do not need to be a declared major to attend. These sessions can help you plan your fall semester courses. Plus, there is typically free food!
- Theatre - Wednesday, February 19th, 12:30 - 1:30 pm, FAC 148
- Education - Wednesday, February 26th, 11:00 am - 12:15 pm, MBH Atrium
- Religion - Wednesday, February 26th, 12:30 - 1:30 pm, MBH Lounge, MBH Room 132
- Psychology - Wednesday, March 4th, 12:30 - 1:30 pm, Olin 124
- Kinesiology - Wednesday, March 4th, 12:30 - 1:30 pm, FJS 410
- Computer Science - Friday, March 6th, 12 - 1 pm, FJS 310 (Math/CS Common Room)
- Political Science - Monday, March 9th, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm, MBH Atrium
- Math - Wednesday, March 11th, 12 - 1 pm, FJS 310 (Math/CS Common Room)
- Economics and Business - Wednesday, March 11th, 2:00 - 4:00 pm, MBH Atrium
- International Studies - Wednesday, March 11th, 4:30 - 5:30 pm, Mood-Bridwell Atrium
- Modern Languages (Chinese, French, German) - Wednesday, March 11th, 1 - 2 pm, Olin 209
- Physics - Thursday, March 12th, 12 - 1 pm, FJS 120
The following events have been cancelled:
- Communication Studies - Tuesday, March 24th, 12 - 12:45 pm, Olin 323
- Environmental Studies - Wednesday, March 25th, 11:30 am - 1:00 pm, MBH Atrium
- Feminist Studies - Wednesday, March 25th, 12:00 - 1:30 pm, Howry Center
- Art History - Wednesday, March 25th, 12:30 - 1:30, FAC, Alma Thomas Theatre Lobby
- English - Wednesday, March 25th, 4:00 - 5:00 pm, SLC 114
- Sociology and Anthropology - Thursday, March 26th, 11:30 am - 1 pm, Mood-Bridwell Atrium
- Chemistry/Biochemistry - Friday, March 27th, 12:30 - 1:30 pm, FJS 402
- Race and Ethnicity Studies - Monday, March 30th, 12 - 1:30 pm, Mood-Bridwell Atrium
- Biology - Wednesday, April 1st, 12:15 - 1:15 pm, FJS 204
- History - Wednesday, April 1st, 12:30 - 2:00 pm, MBH Atrium
CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES!