Intro to Advising
Get familiar with these fundamentals to make the most of your advising experience. Information on making advising appointments, how to prepare, and what to expect.
Information on advising for students in pre-med or other pre-professional pathways may be found at the following locations.
Advising FAQ and Planning Tools
Answers to common questions on advising and information to help you plan your academic career.
Group Advising/Information Sessions Fall 2018
Attend a session to learn more about the major/minors available in SU’s departments. You do not need to be a declared major to attend. These sessions can help you plan your spring semester courses. Plus, there is typically free food!
- Latin America and Border Studies - Monday, October 1st, 11:45 - 1, Mood Atrium
- Psychology - Tuesday, October 2nd, 11:30 - 12:45, Olin 222
- History - Wednesday, October 3rd, 12 - 1, Mood Atrium
- Philosophy - Wednesday, October 3rd, 12:15 - 1, KEW 116
- Education - Thursday, October 4th, 12 - 1, Mood Atrium
- Communication Studies - Wednesday, October 10th, 12 - 1, Olin 324
- Classics - Wednesday, October 10th, 12 - 1, Mood 225
- Art and Architecture - Wednesday, October 10th, 5:45, Drawing Studio
- Modern Languages - Friday, October 12th, 1 - 2, Olin 323
- Anthropology and Sociology - Monday, October 1st, 12 - 1, Cullen 320
- International Studies - Tuesday, October 16th, 11:30 - 1, Mood 113
- Environmental Studies - Tuesday, October 16th, 12 - 1, Mood Atrium
- Chemistry/Biochemistry - Tuesday, October 16th, 12 - 1, FJS 151
- Philosophy - Tuesday, October 16th, 12 - 1, KEW 115
- English - Wednesday, October 17th, 4 - 5, Mood 343
- Biology - Thursday, October 18th, 8 - 9 pm, FJS 148
- Political Science - Friday, October 19th, 12 - 1, Mood Atrium
- Feminist Studies - Tuesday, October 23rd, 4:30, Mood 343
- Race and Ethnicity Studies - Tuesday, October 30th, 11:30 - 1, Mood Atrium