Intro to Advising
Get familiar with these fundamentals to make the most of your advising experience. Information on making advising appointments, how to prepare, and what to expect.
Information on advising for students in pre-med/health and other pre-professional pathways may be found at the following locations.
Additionally, each department has created a Pathway to Success handout for each major. These handouts supplement the degree plan to help you navigate your major by semester or by year with consideration to courses that should be completed, high-impact experiences you can engage in, and reflection questions to determine your goals moving forward.
Advising FAQ and Planning Tools
Answers to common questions on advising and information to help you plan your academic career.
Group Advising/Information Sessions Fall 2019
Attend a session to learn more about the major/minors available in SU’s departments. You do not need to be a declared major to attend. These sessions can help you plan your fall semester courses. Plus, there is typically free food!
- Race and Ethnicity Studies - Thursday, September 19th, 4 - 6 pm, Howry Center
- Feminist Studies - Wednesday, September 25th, 12:30 - 2 pm, Mood-Bridwell 132
- Psychology - Monday, October 7th, 12:30 - 1:30 pm, Olin 124
- Anthropology and Sociology - Tuesday, October 8th, 11:30 am - 1 pm, Mood-Bridwell Atrium
- International Studies - Wednesday, October 9th, 12:30 - 1:45 pm, Mood-Bridwell Atrium
- Economics and Business - Thursday, October 10th, 9 - 11:30 am, Mood-Bridwell Atrium
- Art History - Monday, October 7th, 4:30 -5:30 pm, FAC Caldwell-Carvey Foyer
- Communication Studies - Thursday, October 10th, 12:30 - 1:30 pm, Olin 323
- Modern Languages (Chinese, French, German) - Friday, October 11th, 12 - 1 pm, Olin 305
- Environmental Studies - Wednesday, October 16th, 12 - 1 pm, Mood-Bridwell Atrium
- Studio Art - Wednesday, October 16th, 5:30 - 6:30 pm, Ceramics Studio, Rufus Franklin Edwards Studio Arts Building
- History - Thursday, October 17th, 11:30 am - 1 pm, Mood-Bridwell Atrium
- Chemistry/Biochemistry - Friday, October 18th, 12:30 - 1:30 pm, Fondren-Jones 402
- Latin America and Border Studies - Monday, October 21st, 12 - 1:45 pm, Mood-Bridwell Atrium
- Philosophy - Tuesday, October 22nd, 12 - 1:45 pm, Mood-Bridwell Atrium
- Religion - Tuesday, October 22nd, 4 - 5:30 pm, Mood-Bridwell 132
- Biology - Wednesday, October 23rd 12:15 - 1:30 pm, Fondren-Jones 204
- English - Wednesday, October 23rd, 12:30 - 1:30 pm, Mood-Bridwell 109
- Political Science - Thursday, October 24th, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm, Mood-Bridwell Atrium
- Music - Friday, October 25th, 2:30 pm, TBA
- Music Education - Monday, October 28th, 4 pm, TBA
CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES!