Apply to SU
Southwestern evaluates all candidates in a comprehensive way using multiple factors to reach our admission decisions. Interested students should complete and submit an application by the posted deadlines.
Applications for the fall semester are no longer being accepted. All interested students are being asked to consider spring 2020 semester entry.
Apply on or before October 1 for spring semester application and scholarship consideration. After this date, applications will be accepted on a space-available basis until November 15.
Note: All applicants are encouraged to apply well in advance of printed deadlines; the suggested dates are our best estimate of space availability in the class, but without guarantee.
Choose one of the transfer applications below. There is no application fee. The transfer application is used for admission and merit scholarship reviews. We do not require application supplements.
- ApplyTexas Application for Transfer Students: www.applytexas.org
- Common Application for Transfer Students: www.commonapp.org
If you submitted an application to Southwestern within the last 24 months, you can reactivate that application by filling out and submitting the Application Reactivation Form. New applications will be required of all other students.
Checklist of Required Documents
In order to complete your transfer application to Southwestern, submit the following required documents:
- Personal Essay: One essay is required on any topic. This requirement is met if you submit an essay with your online transfer application.
- Official College Transcript(s): From all colleges attended, including colleges attended for dual credit courses in high school. Copies are not sufficient.
- College Conduct Report: This form is a disciplinary/conduct check with the college/university your are currently attending or most recently attended. To be filled out by a college administrator with access to your disciplinary/conduct record, generally someone in the Dean of Students Office.
- Official High School Transcript or GED Certificate: Copies are not sufficient.
In some cases, we will require additional documents (mid-term progress report, additional recommendations, a personal interview, etc). When we ask for additional information, you must take responsibility for completing the requirements.
Additional Requirements for International Transfers
- Official Translated High School and College Transcripts
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Scores: These can be submitted in place of SAT or ACT scores.
- Bank Verification Statement
- Certification of Finances: With supporting documents.
- Interview with Member of the Southwestern Admission Staff
Checklist of Optional Documents
You may also wish to complete the following information, although it is not a required part of the admission process:
- Official SAT/ACT Scores: Southwestern will accept an unofficial score report that a student has downloaded from the College Board or ACT website, for the purposes of admission.
- FAFSA: If you are intending to apply for need-based financial aid.
- Parent/Guardian Recommendation
- Instructor/Professor Recommendation
- Interview with Member of the Southwestern University Admission Staff
- Mid-Term Progress Report
How to Submit Documents
Official college and high school transcripts can be submitted electronically through TREx, Parchment, eSCRIP-SAFE, The National Student Clearinghouse Transcript Ordering Service, etc.
Official bank documents, transcripts, test scores, essays, the college official’s report or recommendation letters can be mailed to the following address:
Office of Admission
P.O. Box 770
Georgetown, TX 78627
Documents such as recommendation letters, essays, unofficial test scores, mid-term reports and the College Conduct Report can be faxed to 512-863-9601, or e-mailed directly to Scott Sandoval, Director of Transfer Recruitment.