Records & Registrar
In support of the University’s mission, the Office of the Registrar provides administrative and logistical support for the University’s curriculum, reinforces academic policies, maintains the integrity of institutional and educational records, and facilitates a culture that preserves the values of Southwestern University and its community.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Office of the Registrar will have limited operations through the remainder of the spring semester. Students wishing to order a transcript may do so through the link below. Electronic PDF transcripts will continue to run daily. Mailed transcripts - along with enrollment verifications and change of address forms - will be processed on Monday and Friday of each week. It will not be possible to accelerate this process due to limited staffing during this time period. All questions should be directed to email@example.com.
- First day of term: Mon., January 13
- Last day to add online: Wed., Jan. 15
- Last day to drop online: Wed., Jan. 22
- Last day to add courses (via add card): Wed., Jan. 22
- Last day to add an academic internship: Wed., Jan. 29
- Last day to drop courses without record OR change to/from P/D/F: Mon., Feb. 17
- Spring break: Mon., Mar. 16 - Fri., Mar. 27 (updated 3/20/20)
- Last day to drop courses or change to Credit / No Credit: Wed., April 29 (updated 3/26/20)
- Last day of classes: Wed., Apr. 29
- Final Exams: Mon., May 4 - Fri., May 8
Spring 2020 Mini-Mester Courses
First Half - BIO50-232-F1, ESS46-292-F1, ESS46-322-F1
- First day of first half courses: Mon., Jan. 13
- Last day to add first half courses: Fri., Jan. 17
- Last day to drop first half courses without record: Thu., Jan. 30
- Last day to drop first half courses: Fri., Feb. 14
- Last day of first half courses: Mon., Mar. 2
Second Half - BIO50-222-S1, BIO50-232-S1, ESS46-282-S1, ESS46-332-S1
- First day of second half courses: Tue., Mar. 3
- Last day to add second half courses: Mon., Mar. 9
- Last day to drop second half courses without record: Mon., Apr. 20 (updated 3/23/20)
- Last day to drop second half courses or change to Credit / No Credit: Wed., Apr. 29 (updated 3/26/20)
- Last day of second half courses: Fri., Apr. 29
- Academic Advising period begins: Apr. 6
- Seniors (90+ EARNED* credits): Apr. 20 - Apr. 21
- Junior Priority Registration: Apr. 21 - Apr. 22
- Juniors (60+ EARNED* credits): Apr. 22 - Apr. 23
- Sophomore Priority Registration: Apr. 23 - Apr. 24
- Sophomores (30+ EARNED* credits): Apr. 24 - Apr. 27
- First-Year Priority Registration: Apr. 27 - Apr. 28
- First-years and students with fewer than 30 credits: Apr. 28 - Apr. 29
- Open Add/Drops begin: Apr. 30
*“EARNED” credits means completed credits already on your Southwestern record. EARNED credits do NOT include credits in the current semester.
Note: due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), academic advising and registration dates were updated 3/17/20.
Academic Internship Registration Deadlines
- Spring 2020: January 29, 2020
- Summer 2020: June 18, 2020
- Click here to declare your major or to make changes to your existing declaration including major, minor, catalog year, or graduation date. You will be prompted for your Southwestern username and password.