Paideia with Distinction
In addition to the integrated Paideia experiences, Southwestern encourages students to apply for a more intensive version of Paideia: Paideia with Distinction. Any student who is selected to participate will be recognized as having achieved Paideia with Distinction if they have successfully completed:
- a Paideia Minor or two High Impact Learning Experiences, and
- a Paideia Seminar, taken during the junior or senior year.
Applications for Paideia with Distinction are accepted on a rolling basis.
To apply for Paideia with Distinction, contact Director of Paideia Sergio Costola.
The Path to Paideia with Distinction:
Early Modern Studies
Latin American Border Studies
Race and Ethnicity Studies
Financial Analyst Program (FAP)
King Creativity Grant
Taken during the Jr or Sr year
High Impact Learning Experiences that can be used for Paideia with Distinction
- Academic Internship
- Advancing Language Proficiency
- Community-Engaged Learning (CEL) Course
- Community-Engaged Learning Student Associate (CELSA)
- Financial Analyst Program (FAP)
- King Creativity Grant
- Lab for Innovative Ventures and Entrepreneurship (LIVE)
- St. David’s Hospital Shadowing Program
- Student–Faculty Research
- Study Abroad