Cross Country Places Third: Teams Prepare for Regionals

The men's cross-country team starts their conference race. Sam Martinez placed tenth overall, making the All-Conference team. Photo by Kara Kionis

Tomorrow, the Men and Women’s Cross-Country team will be running in the south/southeast regional championship in Atlanta, GA. Placing well in this race means qualifying to compete in the NCAA Championship Race.

On October 27, the teams competed in the SCAC championships where both teams placed third. Junior Lilly Duarte finished eighth in the women’s race and senior Sam Martinez placed tenth in the men’s race, with both athletes granted all-conference honors.

The men’s team plans to remain focused and motivated for the regional race tomorrow.

“I had my sights set much higher than tenth, but I’ll use that and the all-conference I won to keep myself and my team motivated going into regionals,” Martinez said.

The women’s team is also keeping a positive outlook for tomorrow.

“We’re pretty excited as a team and we’ve been training all season for this,” junior Kara Koinis said. “We are all hoping to beat our personal records and place well as a team.”

Bookmark the permalink.