A letter from financial aid

Courtesy of Google Image SearchNEXT YEAR’S MONEY IN FOUR EASY STEPS:

1)  Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov , click “Fill Out Your FAFSA”
2)  If you’ve forgotten your PIN, click the “PIN Information” link & they’ll send it to you.
3)  Select 2010-2011 from the drop down in the blue box
4)  Start filling in all the really easy stuff, then hit SAVE and call or email your parents with the following message:

Dear Mom (and/or) Dad,

I just wanted to let you know that this is shaping up to be my best semester yet. I’ve really gotten organized, I’m making lots of clean, wholesome friends (the kind you like) and I’ve learned to manage my time much more effectively, mostly by limiting my social engagements, like you suggested. You guys sure were right – all I had to do was buckle down and apply myself. Oh well, wasn’t it James Joyce who said, “Mistakes are the portals of discovery?”

Listen – I had a note in my organizer that the FAFSA – you know. the online application for financial aid – is due March 1st, so I wanted to get right on it. I’ve already got a lot of the data plugged in for us, but it’s starting to ask questions about you that require tax info, so I’m hoping you can just take it from here so that we meet the March 1st deadline. Oh – and I’m not sure if you knew this or not, but you don’t need to file your 2009 tax return to do the FAFSA. You can just estimate for now to get it in on time – the website tells you everything.

Anyway, I’ve already got it all set up – just go to www.fafsa.ed.gov  and choose “Open Your Saved FAFSA”. The password to open it is __________.  Oh – and if you remember, we each have a PIN number; you’ll need that to electronically sign. I filed mine along with my important papers, but if you’ve misplaced yours, I noticed there was a link to request a duplicate right there on the FAFSA website.

Thanks, guys.  You know, I guess it really is the little things that mean the most. Just knowing you’re there for me at times like this really takes the pressure off and helps me focus on what’s most important right now: my studies.

Love,

[Insert Name]

Bookmark the permalink.