Graduating Senior Makes Final To-Do List

May 9, 2010.  Courtesy of Google Images.

May 9, 2010. Courtesy of Google Images.

I never thought this semester would arrive – my last semester in college. Remembering back to my very first semester, I recall thinking that four years was going to be a long time. The truth is, however, that it is not. These years have gone by like a blip on a radar screen, fast and insignificant within the grand scheme of things.

Not to say that my time in college has not changed me dramatically – hopefully for the better – because it has. The classes I have taken, the friendships I have formed, and the essence of community that I feel will forever impact the rest of my life, even when college life seems to be a distant memory.

Before embarking on all that lies ahead after graduation, there are many goals that I hope to accomplish within this last semester at SU.

First and most importantly, I want to finish off my education “with a bang.” Not to toot my own horn, but I have kept an above average GPA since the beginning of college, and I would like to stay consistent with that aforementioned accomplishment.

This semester will most likely be the most challenging that I have ever experienced, and keeping my GPA, if not obtaining a higher GPA, would leave me feeling not only gratified, but consistent (consistency is very important to me).

Second, I would like to graduate with a career that not only interests me, but makes a sizeable contribution to some sort of community, wherever that may be. I realize that I am graduating into a “tough economy,” but I think this goal is more than doable. I have plenty of time and multiple resources at my disposal.

Third, I want to have fun. I want to really appreciate this last semester and everything that college life gives to its students.

At times, I have taken my college life for granted and now that I see that time coming to a close, I am aware of a fondness, if not great appreciation for all that college life allows for. Even though I have a great deal of work and obligations ahead of me within these next months, I really want to strive to have fun and appreciate my time here. Every class that I attend, every book I crack open, every paper I write – I want to value it all, even more than I have in the past.

Last, and this seems somewhat trivial to me, but I want to “document” more of what happens during my last semester here. I have never been a

A scrapbook is a good way to remember your years.

big picture taker or scrap booker, but it would be nice to do at least one of those, if not both. Unfortunately, I have a poor memory so having something concrete – like pictures of documentation of some kind – will help me to remember specific times, experiences from college.

For those of you that have just started your college education, for those of you in the middle, and even for those of you nearing the end, I advise all of you to sit down, make a list of goals and work to accomplish them. It is never too late and when you look back on it, I guarantee you will be thankful you did.

All opinions expressed in Opinion & Editorial pieces are the opinions expressed by the author and not the Megaphone staff in general.  Thank you.

Bookmark the permalink.