Student Foundation maintains a membership of up to forty students. Current members review membership applications, conduct interviews, and vote to elect new members. The Membership Drive occurs every spring. Any Southwestern student may apply for Student Foundation; however, the following criteria must be met in order to be considered for membership:
Criteria for Membership
- Members must be of sophomore, junior or senior standing during the next academic year.
- Members must maintain a 2.5 grade point average each semester.
- Members must have a genuine commitment to the welfare of the University, leadership potential, effectiveness in meeting people, maturity, responsibility and time to actively participate in the organization’s activities.
The 2012 membership drive was completed in February 2012. Below are the names of our new members:
- Sarah Ally
The membership drive occurs every Spring. There are two member information meetings (one in the Fall and one in the Spring) that interested people may attend to learn details about the organization. Applications are made available in January. Each candidate must supply the following to be considered for membership:
- Submit a completed application
- Submit a one-page resume
- Submit an essay (details on the application)
- A faculty or staff recommendation (including a letter of recommendation)
- Schedule an interview time
Each candidate will be invited for an interview. The Interviewing Committee consists of seven current members of Student Foundation. The Membership Chair facilitates the interview process.
Application For Membership
Applications for membership will be available in January 2013. If you would like to learn more about Student Foundation, we invite you to attend our membership informational meetings.