Theatre Department Admission & Scholarship Auditions
Audition Workshop Dates
Our Audition Workshops are your audition for a Sarofim Scholarship in Theatre. It will offer you an opportunity to learn more about the programs offered in the Theatre Department and introduce you to our faculty.
However, these Audition Workshops are NOT required to join the Theatre Department at Southwestern. Once accepted into Southwestern, any student can become a theatre major if they choose to do so. Candidates that receive the Sarofim Scholarship are eligible for additional assistance, including Southwestern merit scholarships.
Schedule for the day!
- 9:00 a.m. -9:30 a.m. The morning session will begin with a continental breakfast and will include meeting our theatre faculty.
- Audition/portfolio review
- Tour our facilities
- Acting/script workshop.
- Lunch on campus. Prospective students will have lunch with current students. Family members will have lunch with faculty.
- Discussion of the Southwestern Theatre Department curricula and opportunities; followed by a Q&A session
- Time with the Southwestern University Admissions Team
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. in the fall see Noises Off ; in the spring see A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Please carefully read the Audition Guidelines
Register now for your Audition November 12, 2017 or March 4, 2018
Sarofim Scholarships in Theatre are for Theatre majors only. Please read this FAQs DOCUMENT.
For any questions regarding auditions please call Julie Hudson at 512-863-1548.
The Don Juan Project brings our 2017 season to a close. Learn more about this project with our show documentary!
Austin Mueck, Class of 2018, received a Best Scenic Design Award for his design of the musical, You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown at the 2017 Texas Educational Theatre Association Conference. Congratulations Austin!