Theatre Department Admission & Scholarship Auditions
- Theatre scholarships are for students majoring in Theatre.
- Scholarship Awards are renewable annually up to four years, based on satisfactory performance and continuation of the theatre major.
This award is made with the expectation that you will make significant contributions to the theatrical life of Southwestern University. Your theatre award is renewable for a total of eight semesters, subject to departmental review of the following criteria: satisfactory academic progress, contribution to the departmental activities, satisfactory performance with promise of continued growth, demonstration of motivation and interest and maintenance of a 3.0 grade point average in theatre coursework and a 2.5 grade point average in your overall studies. This scholarship is not transferrable to off campus study or study abroad programs.
- In order to qualify for a Theatre Scholarship, you must participate in one of our Audition Workshops.
Audition WORKSHOPS for Enrollment Fall 2016
Saturday, November 21, 2015 OR Saturday, February 27, 2016 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon. The morning session will begin with a continental breakfast and will include meeting our theatre faculty, touring our facilities and a meeting with our Admissions Counselors and/or Financial Aid offices.
- Noon - 1 p.m.. Lunch provided on campus.
- 1:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. The afternoon will consist of performance workshops, portfolio presentations and a lecture.
To request a registration form please email Allison Fannin, Administrative Assistant for The Sarofim School of Fine Arts OR click here to download. Please complete the registration form and return it via email to Ms. Fannin by November 13, 2015 OR by February 19, 2016 (depending on which day you register for). Also, please mail a check (this serves as your registration fee), in the amount of $7.50, made payable to Southwestern University, Dept of Theatre. Mailing address is PO Box 770, Georgetown, Texas 78627-0770.
Once your registration form is received, we will contact you with the audition materials required for the Workshop.
Complimentary tickets are available to see our Fall production of “The Importance of Being Earnest” (Nov. 21) OR our Spring production of “The Fantasticks” (Feb. 27). Please contact Dr. Sergio Costola to reserve your free tickets, (512) 863-1373 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipients may also be eligible for additional assistance such as academic scholarships. In addition, recipients may apply for University need based aid. For more information on financial aid and scholarships, please click here or call 1-800-252-3166.
Candidates must apply for admission to Southwestern University separately. Admission to Southwestern University must be granted in order to receive an award, however, admission status is not normally determined until after the audition deadline. This offer is void as of May 1, 2016 if you have already accepted financial aid from another college or university.