Our goal is to properly identify where items received need to go, get them out of the warehouse and to the appropriate Physical Plant Department within one working day, to eliminate deliveries from being forgotten or lost.
- Physical Plant Warehouse Attendant or authorized agent will accept deliveries between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to Noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m Monday through Friday, excluding holidays recognized by the University.
- The Physical Plant will not accept deliveries for other departments. The Receiving Department will direct delivery drivers to the appropriate building if that information is available.
- Warehouse Attendant will give all documentation to the Stores Clerk who will verify who delivery is for. Warehouse Attendant will notify person or Physical Plant Department of delivery within 24 hours.
- Warehouse Attendant will contact appropriate Physical Plant Supervisor for support when deliveries are too large or heavy for one person to safely handle.
- Only authorized personnel will accept deliveries.
- Persons authorized to receive deliveries are as follows:
- Warehouse Attendant
- Stores Clerk
- Small Engine Mechanic
- Physical Plant Supervisors
- Physical Plant Staff Secretary
- Warehouse Attendant will inventory office paper and printed material monthly when Physical Plant Staff Secretary takes copy machine readings. Warehouse Attendant will send updated count to the Business Office and University Relations.
- Warehouse Attendant is responsible for keeping the warehouse neat and orderly.