Key Questions to Consider
- What are the writing objectives for your course?
- Do you want students to build critical reading skills?
- Do you want students to use “real world writing” to cultivate critical thinking and engagement? Would you prefer to focus on academic writing? Or would you like to use some combination of the two?
- Do you want students to write creatively for your class?
- Which research skills do you expect your students to develop through the course?
- How will the structure of your course, especially the sequence of the writing assignments, cultivate the writing skills and conventions prioritized by the course?