Faculty Resources for Teaching
Links to Other Teaching and Learning Centers
- Colorado College - Crown Teaching and Learning Center
- Pomona College - Teaching and Learning Center
- University of Iowa - Center for Teaching
- Clemson University - Office of Teaching Effectiveness and Innovation
- Duke University - Center for Instructional Technology
- Portland State University -Center for Academic Excellence
- Stanford University - Center for Teaching and Learning.
- University of Kansas - Center for Teaching Excellence.
- University of Michigan - Center for Research on Teaching and Learning.
- University of Kansas -Center for Teaching Excellence
Useful Links to Teaching Resources Electronic Journals on Teaching
- Electronic Journal on Excellence in College Teaching Published by Miami University (Ohio)
- Interactive Multimedia Electronic Journal of Computer-Enhanced Learning (IMEJ) Published by Wake Forest University
- Journal of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Published by Indiana University
- The National Teaching and Learning Forum Published by Oryx Press
Professional Organizations focusing on Higher Education
- International Alliance of Teacher Scholars: IATS provides a scholarly forum for faculty and administrators to discuss all areas affecting college/university teaching and learning, and gives them the opportunity to share proven, innovative pedagogies and thoughtful insights about teaching.
- American Association of Higher Education Assure and strengthen academic quality and ongoing quality improvement in academic courses, programs and degrees
- Association of American Colleges and Universities: A voice and a force for liberal education in the 21st Century
- American Council on Education: the major coordinating body for all the nation’s higher education insitutions, seeks to provide leadership and a unifying voice on key higher education issues and to influence public policy through advocacy, research, and program initiatives.
- POD Network: Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education.
- diversityweb.org: A comprehensive compendium of campus practices and resources about diversity in higher education.
- The Use of Technology in Higher Education Service-Learning: Provide information on the use of technology in service-learning programs at the local level. Includes information on lesson plans, course syllabi, project ideas, and other resources.
- Guide to College and University Service-Learning Programs: Including links to Online Course Lists and Syllabi
Examples of College Course Syllabi
- World Lecture Hall: Free, on-line course materials from around the world