Departments and Programs:
Academic Assessment Plans
The assessment plans are based on student learning outcomes for academic departments and programs for the academic year. Every year, Southwestern faculty engage in the following process: Faculty in departments and programs formulate desired student learning outcomes, describe mechanisms to assess those outcomes, present the results of assessment, and describe improvements resulting from assessment. The Academic Assessment Committee meets for one to two weeks each summer to discuss and provide written comment on draft assessment plans. The Committee returns assessment plans needing revision with detailed comments and suggestions for improvement to department and program chairs and meets with them as needed.
Also included are assessment plans based on programmatic objectives for offices supporting the academic mission. These plans undergo the same scrutiny and process as academic department and program plans.
- 2008-2009 Departments and Programs Academic Assessment Plans
- 2009-2010 Departments and Programs Academic Assessment Plans
- 2010-2011 Departments and Programs Academic Assessment Plans
- 2011-2012 Departments and Programs Academic Assessment Plans
- 2012-2013 Departments and Programs Academic Assessment Plans