Many students find that the Southwestern programs do not fit their academic and cultural interests. To serve these students, the Office of Intercultural Learning maintains a listing of approved study abroad program providers. Program providers are organizations that facilitate study abroad for college students. In essence, they serve as the liaison between the U.S. university and the foreign institution while simultaneously providing support to the student. These approved program providers offer high-quality education abroad programs which are approved for transfer credit by Southwestern University. A wide variety of locations, types of experience, and curricula are available through the programs of these approved providers.
You must first be approved by the Office of Intercultural Learning to study abroad before applying to an approved program provider.
Approved Program Providers
- Alliance for Global Education
- API — Academic Programs International
- Arcadia University — College of Global Studies
- Augsburg College — Center for Global Education
- BCA — Brethren Colleges Abroad
- Border Studies — Earlham College
- Central College Abroad
- CET Academic Programs
- CIEE — Council on International Education Exchange
- CYA — College Year in Athens
- DIS — Danish Institute for Study Abroad
- HECUA — Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs
- IES — Institute for the International Education of Students
- IFSA-Butler — Institute for Study Abroad - Butler University
- ISEP — International Student Exchange Programs
- University of Minnesota - Learning Abroad Center
- OTS — Organization for Tropical Studies
- SFS — School for Field Studies
- SIT — School for International Training
- Spanish Studies Abroad
Additional Approved Program Providers for Summer Study Abroad
Irish-American Scholars Program
Southwestern University, in association with Study USA of Northern Ireland, offers an exchange study abroad opportunity in the Irish-American Scholars Program. Click here to learn more.
Click here to apply now.