Southwestern University’s academic strengths include: biology, communication, English, history, music, political science, psychology, sociology, and theatre arts. The faculty, with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1, is committed to their role as educators. Southwestern is described as one of the best small, liberal arts colleges in the South.
International students may take courses in any of the academic departments, provided all required pre-requisites are met. Click here to access the Academics Departments page where you can also access specific departmental pages.
To access the Southwestern University Course Catalog as a guest, click here.
Instructions for accessing the SU Catalog:
- Once on the course catalog website, click on Prospective Students in the orange box toward the upper-right side of the screen
- Click on SU Search for Sections in blue letters toward the middle-left of the screen
- Select the appropriate semester in the upper most drop down menu titled Term
- Select the appropriate subject area in the first drop down menu under Subjects
- Click Submit at the bottom of the screen
Click here to access the Academics Departments page. Locate and click on the subject area of interest. From there, click on Curriculum in the right vertical taskbar. This will bring up a list of all courses taught under that subject area and a brief description for each course, when appropriate.