Student Payroll Services
Applying for Student Work
Students may contact Career Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get information on jobs available on campus and off campus. There will be an orientation for student employment during the last week before the Fall Semester begins.
Supervisors will need to turn in a Student Employee Hire List to the Business Office/Student Payroll before a student begins working. A new Student Employee Hire List will need to be completed for the student employee at the beginning of every academic school year and one at the beginning of every summer period that a student works for a department.
Please read the Student Payroll Procedures for more information.
Students may contact Career Services (email@example.com) to get information on jobs available on campus and off campus. A Summer Student Employee Hire List will need to be completed and turned in to the Business Office/Student Payroll (even if the student has worked for the department before). (Summer work does not process through the Financial Aid Office.) All other Student Payroll procedures apply.
Obtaining a Social Security Card
Information can be found at www.ssa.gov
Georgetown Social Security Administration
104 Parkview Drive
Georgetown, TX 78626
Information Required Prior to Starting Work
S.U. student workers must fill out the I9, W4, and direct deposit forms located at the Business Office/Student Payroll
- You will need to show a picture ID and Social Security Card or Birth Certificate or Passport.
- You will need to use your permanent home address and be sure to sign and date the forms.
- Your name and social security number on your card must match with what is on our computer system.
- You must provide your routing number and account number for your bank on the Direct Deposit form.
- You must provide your supervisors with information required on the Hourly Student Hire List.
Non-Resident Alien Student Worker Information