Regulations for the use of the su-news mail list
1. The purpose of the su-news electronic mail list is to disseminate among
members of the campus community and other interested parties advance news
about events or activities to take place on the Southwestern University
campus or in connection with scheduled University activiites, on or off
2. All members of the SU campus community may subscribe to the su-news
mail list and may submit messages for posting to the list. Subscription
is entirely voluntary, and any individual may subscribe or unsubscribe at
3.All postings must be clearly identified as to the sponsor of the event
and must, in addition, include at least the real name and e-mail address of
the sender, the date, time and place of the event, and a brief description
of the event, along with any cost involved.
4. Individuals and organizations are limited to one posting per week
except in unusual circumstances where there may be an unexpected need for
5. Postings should be of interest to the entire campus community. Groups
and organizations which wish to mail messages to limited segments of the
campus community may organize their own private mailing lists with the
assistance of Information Technology Services.
6. Messages should conform to the ethical and social norms expected of
all members of the campus community, as outlined in published university
policy statements. In particular, the relevant portions of the section in
the Student Handbook entitled "Publicity Regulations" should be observed.
7. Postings are for informational purposes only, and the University cannot
guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of information posted to the su-news
mail list. All persons are urged to seek independent verification of any
information distributed via the su-news list before basing plans on the
8. All postings will be reviewed by the Office of Student Activities
before they may be posted to su-news. Postings which do not accord with
the letter and spirit of this policy may be refused and returned (if a
valid return e-mail address is supplied) to the party wishing to post the
message with a request to bring it into conformance with these guidelines.
Postings without a valid return e-mail address will be discarded.
9. An archive of postings will be maintained for later reference.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the su-forsale
Subscribe to su-forsale by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.