Southwestern University Summer Conference Assistant
Read the job description for 2015 Southwestern University Summer Conference Assistants and apply electronically by Friday March 6, 2015.
The Summer Conference Assistant serves in the Department of University Events and reports directly to the Associate Director of University Events. This position provides general administrative and physical support to the Associate Director and Director of University Events. The position requires a 30-60 hour workweek. Applicants are provided room and board and are required to live on campus while conferences are in session. Summer Conference Assistants are required to undergo a background check.
Terms of Employment
This period of employment begins on May 28 and shall end approximately August 5. At the discretion of the Associate Director of University Events, this schedule may vary due to conference changes.
- Applicants must be enrolled at SU for the upcoming fall semester and cannot be enrolled in Summer II Term.
- Demonstrate initiative, motivation, maturity, self-reliance, responsibility, and have a high energy level.
- Utilize strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Staff the University Events Office during scheduled hours to maintain on-call hours as assigned by the Associate Director of University Events.
- Working evenings and weekends is required to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
- Meet with Associate Director of University Events/conference group leaders as necessary to determine conference needs.
- Communicate directly with various campus offices (e.g. Physical Plant, University Police, Sodexo, Audiovisual) to coordinate services and facility needs.
- Maintain adequate record keeping for each conference including but not limited to residence hall room inventories, key inventories, damage reports, financial reports, planning documents, and conference summaries, etc.
- Attend Summer Conference staff meetings and training sessions.
- Prepare residence halls for incoming and outgoing conferences.
- Perform check-ins and check-outs for all conference participants (inspect rooms, distribute/collect keys, prepare and process registration forms, etc.).
- Check meeting room set-ups when audiovisual equipment, tables, chairs, etc. have been requested.
- Anticipate conference needs and problems; take or recommend action as appropriate.
Application and resume are DUE in the University Events Office (Cullen Bldg., Suite 250) by 5 p.m. Friday March 6, 2015.
Feel free to e-mail your application and resume to email@example.com.