Date Opened: 8-21-12
Closing Date: when filled
Southwestern University has an immediate opening for a Web Programmer/Analyst. This position will implement, promote, and support the technical aspects of the University’s web presence and web-based information services. As a member of Information Technology Services (ITS), candidates will provide support and development for a variety of university web services: commercial, open-source, and home-grown. We are seeking a talented individual with a solid foundation of skills, but also the ability/desire to grow and evolve your skills.
Qualified candidates will possess a BA/BS degree with two-three years experience in technical web application development and web administration in a UNIX/Linux server environment.
- Demonstrated experience designing and building flexible, robust web applications using open standards.
- Demonstrated experience writing web applications interfaced with relational database technology (e.g., MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.).
- Expertise building and maintaining UNIX-based web applications.
- Experience administering Apache, Tomcat or JBoss on Linux.
- Proven ability to create and manage LAMP applications (PHP and Perl).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work proactively, collaboratively, and effectively in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, technical, and organizational skills.
- Initiative, flexibility, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with uPortal in a higher education environment.
- Java Hibernate and Spring experience is useful.
- Development experience with Windows Server, IIS, .Net and MS-SQL.
- Good web/graphic design skills including site design and graphics.
Southwestern University offers competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, life, long term disability, retirement, 15-paid holidays, three-weeks vacation, sick leave, tuition assistance, access to athletic facilities, free parking and discounted meal rates. Southwestern University is a selective, undergraduate institution committed to a broad-based liberal arts, sciences, and fine arts education. The University’s endowment ranks among the highest per student of undergraduate institutions in the country. Located in Georgetown, Texas, 28 miles north of Austin, Southwestern is affiliated with The United Methodist Church. Southwestern University is deeply committed to fostering a diverse educational environment and especially encourages applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in academia. For information concerning the University, visit our web site at www.southwestern.edu.
To apply: Interested persons should submit a letter of interest that includes salary expectation or history; a resume; and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references to: Web Programmer/Analyst, Position #497, Southwestern University, Office of Human Resources, P.O. Box 770, Georgetown, TX, 78627-0770, or FAX: 512-863-1880, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Southwestern University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F
Posted August 21, 2012.