Part-time Handball Club Coach
Date Opened: 3-20-12
Closing Date: when filled
Southwestern University has an opening for a part-time Handball Club Coach (6-10 hours/week including hours spent with weekend tournaments) in its Intramural and Recreational Activities Department for the 2012-13 academic year beginning August 15, 2012. This part-time position is not eligible for benefits.
As a sports club coach, responsibilities include:
- Organize and supervise weekly practices for the Handball Club that develop club member skills and enhance physical conditioning while maximizing safety of all involved.
- Insure that the required level of first aid/CPR/AED coverage exists for all scheduled events and implement proper emergency procedures to treat any injuries that may occur at an event.
- Serve as advisor to club’s student officers and assist them with the development of schedules, equipment inventories, budget requests, and all other aspects of club administration.
- Organizing activities from August 15, 2012 through May 13, 2013.
- Preference for candidates with past experience leading high school or college participants in handball and/or racquetball. Significant experience as a participant in handball/racquetball may be substituted if the applicant has other leadership experience with young adults.
- Certification in American Red Cross Adult CPR/AED and First Aid is required. If not currently certified, must become certified within 30 days of hire. Note: This training will be provided by the University at no cost to the employee.
- The ability to promote cohesion among club members while motivating individual club members to high levels of achievement.
To apply: Interested persons may submit a letter of interest; resume; the names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references; and salary history and expectation to: Southwestern University, Office of Human Resources, Handball Club Coach, Job #458, P.O. Box 770, Georgetown, TX, 78627-0770, or FAX: 512-863-1880, or e-mail to email@example.com. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. Southwestern University is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F
Posted March 20, 2012.