2015 Sprog Days
Photo by Maritza Robles
What is a Sprog? A Sprog is a new pirate, or one who is still getting his or her sea-legs, if you will. To help you prepare for a Pirate’s life (exclusively for deposited students), our Sprog Day events help train you for the Fall semester ahead.
We encourage students to try to attend one of the Sprog Day events below. Doing so will ensure the smoothest enrollment experience for you,especially in understanding how the Southwestern curriculum works, and how your first-semester schedule could look.
For Pirates only, these events are exclusively for students who have determined they will be attending Southwestern in the Fall. If you have not yet done so, please submit your enrollment deposit. Then, review the dates below to find the option that best fits your schedule.
On Campus Sprog Day Programs
Activities will include:
- One-on-one advising appointment to discuss and plan your fall schedule
- Real-time on-site course registration
- Walking tour of campus
- “Sneak Peek” tour of residence halls
- Presentations on various aspects of the new student experience
- Financial Aid Office and Business Office presentation and Q&A
- Receive your official student ID
- Receive your SUeID (access the mySouthwestern, SU email, WebAdvisor, etc.)
- Fill out parking permit paperwork
- Health Center presentation
- Informal conversations with alumni and current students
Alma Thomas Fine Arts Center (registration closed)9:00am:
Alma Thomas Fine Arts Center (Register by May, 8, 12 p.m.)9:00am:
Alma Thomas Fine Arts Center (Register by May 29, 8 a.m.)9:00am:
Any questions? Please feel free to call us at 800-252-3166, or contact your Admission Counselor by e-mail.
Please note: Sprog Day events are not a required for all new students. During Orientation week, students will have the opportunity to meet with their academic advisor, discuss their schedule and degree plans, and make any needed changes to their Fall schedule at that time.