Institute On Philanthropy And Voluntary Service Summer Program
June 6 – August 1, 2009. Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
Students are encouraged to apply by the priority deadline of February 5, 2009 for this summer’s Institute on philanthropy and Voluntary Service. The institute is a dynamic summer program for undergraduate students interested in volunteerism and careers in the nonprofit sector. This fast-paced Institute offers a rigorous combination of professional experience, academic learning and service projects that will provide students with an unparalleled experience in the nation’s capital.
- Internships – Competitive placements with leading nonprofit organizations.
- Classes – Up to 9 credit hours from Georgetown University.
- Housing – Furnished on-campus apartments.
- Service – Variety of hands-on community projects.
- Guest Lectures – With Washington’s top nonprofit executives and scholars.
- Leadership Development – Leadership, mentoring and career building activities.
- Scholarships – Over half of all students receive full or partial funding.
- Networking – With hundreds of other top student and nonprofit leaders from around the world.
Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis until the final deadline of March 5, 2009. For more information on this exciting opportunity or to start an online application, please visit the website at http://www.DCinternships.org/IPVS