Important Information about your Pirate Bikes!
We hope you are enjoying the Pirate Bikes that are for your convenience on campus.
In order for these bikes to remain available to you; proper care must be given to them, and the following guidelines must be followed.
- Do not take/ride Pirate Bikes off campus…disciplinary action may be taken
- Leave bikes in a bike rack or parked beside a tree when you are finished riding. Some of our community members and visitors are visually impaired, so keep sidewalks, etc. clear of bikes
- Do not leave bikes in front of doorways, ramps to buildings, or in front of automatic door openers. If you see a bike blocking these areas, please move it to a safer place
- Treat Pirate Bikes like they are your own. Do not jump curbs, throw them down, or ride them recklessly. It costs money to maintain this program…help us out
- Always yield to those who are walking on sidewalks
- Obey all traffic signs on campus streets (also, these are not dirt bikes: please do not treat them as such)
- Ride alone on Pirate Bikes
- ENJOY AND TAKE PRIDE IN THE PIRATE BIKE PROGRAM!
Thanks for your cooperation in all the above,