A Glimpse of the Class of 2021
On Aug. 18, members of the Class of 2021 will move into their residence halls and begin their Southwestern Experiences. Learn more about our newest Pirates and the support Southwestern will provide them.
1. Southwestern expects approximately 363 first-year students and 37 transfer students to enroll in their first semester at Southwestern, Fall 2017.
2. The incoming first-year class comprises a ratio of 55% female students to 45 percent male students and represents 18 states and two foreign countries.
3. The first-year class enters with an average SAT mid 50% range of 1120-1300 and ACT mid 50% range of 23-29. Thirty-eight percent of the class was in the top 10% of their high school graduating class, while 73% were in the top 25% of their high school graduating class.
4. Forty-four percent of the first-year class indicated a tie to at least one underrepresented background.
5. In the coming year, Southwestern expects to extend more than $32 million in institutional scholarship and grant funds to its families.
6. Approximately 75% of all Southwestern students live on campus and 99% of the first-year class.
7. Approximately 30% of Southwestern students pledge social fraternities and sororities.
8. In 2016-2017, the average academic class size at Southwestern was under 15. The four largest academic classes on campus had enrollments of 57, 56, 49, and 49 students respectively. Seventy-one percent of academic classes had enrollments under 20 students.
9. Among first-year students who remain at Southwestern to receive a degree, over 89% do so within four years.