National Instruments Market Research Analyst Intern Prescreen Deadline
3:00pm CDT October 15, 2013
National Instruments in Austin invites juniors and seniors with backgrounds in math, economics, statistics, business, finance, marketing and market research to apply for the Market Research Analyst Intern position for Spring 2014. To apply, you must register with PirateLink, upload a targeted resume and notify Career Services of your interest. You must also apply online directly to NI (link coming soon!). If you are selected to interview by NI, Career Services will contact you to schedule a 45-minute interview on Wednesday, Oct. 23.
Please Note: National Instruments will not petition for H-1B status from student visas for full-time Market Research Analyst hires, thus can not accept candidates for this intern position who are on a student visa and have Curriculum Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), or academic training.
The Research Analyst Intern assists the Market Research Team in developing and executing research and analytic projects. The primary responsibility of this individual will be to work with the Market Research team to review on-going research projects, develop processes and designs for approaching marketing questions at hand, and implement the research and analytic projects.
Core Intern Job Responsibilities:
- Services performed by the intern will vary according to intern’s experience and strengths, but generally include:
- Assisting in various tasks throughout the research process including: Definition of research objectives, survey design and development, data collection, analysis, and report composition.
- Using online resources to gather and collate research on various topics.
- Assisting in preparation of materials for presentations and proposals
- Leading and coordinating projects throughout the entire project cycle from defining objectives to a presentation to the business owners
- Meeting regularly with supervisor to discuss projects
- Meet regularly with internal customers regarding research projects
- Coordinate the distribution and final analysis of the research reports
- Minimum overall GPA: 3.0; if hired, must be a current, enrolled student during designated work term
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to utilize databases and internet for research
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Detailed oriented
- Computer/System/Software Skills: Intermediate-level skills in Microsoft Office software such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; prefer some prior experience using a statistical software package like SPSS or SAS; Highly self motivated individual with a strong desire to learn
- English Language Competency
- Can clearly and concisely communicate in English (oral and written) so that persons you work with can understand you clearly, particularly technical conversation
Employ Your Imagination at National Instruments: National Instruments (www.ni.com), a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation for 35 years, delivers LabVIEW graphical software and open, modular instrumentation hardware for design, simulation, control, test, and manufacturing. Engineers and scientists in hundreds of industries use flexible, high-performance NI products to create reliable user-defined systems throughout the product design cycle to reduce time to market and lower development costs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has more than 5,600 employees worldwide and direct operations in more than 50 countries. For the past 12 consecutive years, FORTUNE magazine has named NI as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” in America. Glassdoor.com also recently named NI as one of America’s “Best Places to Work,” and BusinessWeek included NI in its “Best Places to Launch A Career” list.
National Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an excellent work environment, and a competitive and well-rounded compensation and benefits package, including an on-site medical clinic; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(K) with NI match; profit sharing; restricted stock plan; employee discounted stock purchase plan; on-site fitness center and wellness program; and much more.