Office of Career Services

Student Employment Orientation

1:00pm - 2:00pm CDT August 25

F.W. Olin Building 105

New students who want to work on- or off-campus while in college should attend this meeting to learn about how to search for positions, how on-campus employment works with financial aid and how hiring paperwork works.

When you get a job, you will need to provide work authorization documentation to any employer. Be sure to bring from home a photo ID, and either your Social Security card, birth certificate or US passport. Employers will need to see the originals. 

During the orientation, you will also learn about payroll forms, but you can get a head-start on them now. Click here to download I9 and W4. These must be submitted to an employer before you will be allowed to start working.  If you are unsure about how to complete the forms, you can bring them with you and we’ll walk through the information with you!

If you are unable to bring your documentation to the session, you can submit the items at a later date when you find a job.

This is your first and best chance to get all the information you need to find a job!

30.635484; -97.664235