Color & Specialized Printing
Color Printing and Copying
Color printing on letter (8.5” x 11”) size paper single and double sided is available in the 24-hour Computer Lab [down the sidewalk on the left side of the library entrance.] The cost is $0.35 cents for single-sided and $0.60 cents for double-sided and is managed through Pirate Print.
Wireless Color printing of PDF documents:
letter (8.5” x 11”) paper single sided is available from your laptop to the color printer in the 24-hour 24-hour Computer Lab. The printer is identified as papyrus.southwestern.edu\SLCHPColor [SLC 143 24 Hour Lab] in Web Print.
letter (8.5” x 11”) paper single sided is available from your laptop to the printer/copier on the 2nd floor of the Protho Center in room 223 [Copy Room] located to the right of the flat screen TV in the lounge. The printer is identified as papyrus.southwestern.edu\PRC223_Copy [PRC223 Xerox7675 Copy Center] in Web Print.
Wireless printing of PDF documents is available through Web Print from your web browser.
- go to print.southwestern.edu and login with your SUeID
- select Web Print from the left side
- click Submit a Job on the right
- select the printer you want to print to and click 2. Print Options and Account Selection
- enter the number of copies and click 3. Upload Document
- click Choose File, navigate to your document and select Open
- click Upload & Complete
Color printing on single sided letter (8.5” x 11”), legal (8.5” x 14”) and ledger (11”x17”) paper is available in the Instructional Media Center (IMC). The IMC can accept payment by department account number, check or cash. PirateBucs and Pirate Print funds cannot be used in the IMC. Additional information about the IMC may be found below in the Specialized Printing section.
Black & White and Color copying to letter (8.5” x 11”), legal (8.5” x 14”) and ledger (11”x17”) paper is available at the printer/copier on the 2nd floor of the Protho Center in room 223 [Copy Room] located to the right of the flat screen TV in the lounge.
Poster, photo and color printing is available in the the Instructional Media Center (IMC) located in ITS (Information Technology Services) offices - 2nd floor Prothro Center*.
Printing single sided on other types of letter (8.5” x 11”), legal (8.5” x 14”) and ledger (11”x17”) paper, for example business cards, labels and color paper, can be done in the IMC. The paper’s specifications must state that it can be used in a laser printer or copier. Any other type of paper may damage the printer and/or paper. The IMC does not stock specialized papers.
The IMC is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to noon and from 1:00pm to 5:00pm during the days the university is open. Reservations to use the equipment and software are not required but are highly recommended, especially if printing several large documents or for critical time needs. Posters require a reservation. IMC reservation sheets are on the bulletin board in the IMC.
Small posters can be printed on letter (8.5x11), legal (8.5x14), or ledger(11x17) size paper using the LaserJet 5500 color printer. • letter = $.25/sheet • legal = $0.35/sheet • ledger = $0.60
Larger posters are printed using the poster printer [DesignJet 500ps] on paper rolls of widths of 36 and 42 inches. • 36” coated = $2.50/square foot • 36” heavy and 42” = $3.00/square foot
• BYOP (Bring Your Own Paper), black/white and grayscale, and prints with less than 50% coverage area are one-half the price.
The IMC area has other equipment so please bring only the people necessary to print. There maybe other people in the IMC doing their work.
- Treat the space as “reading space” and keep non-project related and phone conversations to a minimum.
- If you cannot make your time slot, please stop by as soon as you can and remove your name from the sign-up sheet.
- Please remember to bring your account number with you if your department will be paying for the cost of printing. Otherwise, please bring cash or a check - we cannot take Pirate Cards or credit cards.
Posters - Guidelines & Printing - Information about preparing a poster, sample templates and poster printing on campus.
* ITS and the IMC are located on the 2nd floor of the Protho Center. As you enter the Prothro Center from the Mall entrance, head to the back left to the stairs and elevator. At the top of the stairs on the second floor, turn right and you will see the entrance to ITS. From the elevator, take a left and you are at ITS.