Color & Specialized Printing
Color Printing and Copying
Color printing on letter (8.5” x 11”) size paper single and double sided is available in the SLC Research Commons. The cost is $0.45 cents for single-sided, $0.84 cents for double-sided and is managed through Pirate Print.
Wireless printing of PDF documents is available through Web Print from your web browser:
- go to print.southwestern.edu and login with your SUeID
- select “Web Print” from the left side
- click “Submit a Job” on the right
- select the printer you want to print to and click “2. Print Options and Account Selection”
- enter the number of copies and click “3. Upload Document”
- click “Choose File”, navigate to your document and select “Open”
- click “Upload & Complete”
Color printing on legal (8.5” x 14”) and ledger (11”x17”) paper is also available in the Research Commons. The InfoDesk can accept payment by department account number, PirateBucs, and Pirate Print funds. Additional information may be found below in the Specialized Printing section.
Black & White and Color copying to Letter (8.5” x 11”), Legal (8.5” x 14”) and Ledger (11”x17”) paper is available at the printer/copier on the 2nd floor of the Prothro Center in room 223 (Copy Room) located to the right of the flat screen TV in the lounge.
Poster and Photo printing are available in the Research Commons located in SLC.
Printing on other types of paper than letter, legal, or ledger (11”x17”) paper, for example business cards, labels and color paper, can be done in the Research Commons. The paper’s specifications must state that it can be used in a laser printer or copier. Any other type of paper may damage the printer and/or paper. The InfoDesk does not provide these specialized papers. If you need to print on specialty paper, you must provide your own.
The specialty printers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am to noon and from 1:00pm to 5:00pm during the days the university is open. Larger posters are printed using the poster printer [DesignJet 500ps] on paper rolls of widths of 36 and 42 inches. • 36” coated, 36” heavy, and 42” = $3.00/square foot. All Photo prints are 8.5” x 11” and cost $1.00.
Posters and Photos require a reservation. Make a reservation here.
Small posters can be printed on letter (8.5x11), legal (8.5x14), or ledger(11x17) size paper using the LaserJet 5550 color printer. • letter = $.45/sheet • legal = $0.55/sheet • ledger = $0.60. Prints made with this printer do not require a reservation but if the InfoDesk is closed, the following items/services will be unavailable:
- Legal and Ledger paper
- Photo paper (Glossy, Luster, Matte)
- Department account charges
- Change for Microfilm
- Pirate Print Redeemable Cards
• BYOP (Bring Your Own Paper), black/white and grayscale, and prints with less than 50% coverage area are one-half the price.