Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6 and 10.7 (Universal)
WARNING! This package is licensed for current students, faculty, and staff of Southwestern University. Redistribution or other unauthorized use is prohibited. Package contents are maintained by Information Technology Services.
Not sure if Sophos Anti-Virus will work on your Mac? These are the technical requirements:
- Mac with Intel or PowerPC processor
- 256 MB of memory
- 150 MB of available disk space
- Mac with OS X 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or 10.7 (Lion)
- Supports all Apple Mac hardware including iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro and the new MacBook Air
- Uninstall Old Anti-Virus First: You should manually uninstall any anti-virus software currently on your machine before you begin the installation of Sophos Anti-Virus. You may need to use a removal script, which may be located in /Library, open Sophos Anti-Virus folder, double click on "Remove Sophos Anti-virus.pkg" to remove old version of Sophos.
- Download the Installer: Save this file (savosx73he.dmg) to your desktop. If you are using Firefox or another browser besides Safari, you may need to right-click (or control-click for single-button mice) on the link and choose Save Link As... Otherwise your browser may try to open the file as text.
- Install: After downloading the disk image, double-click to mount it, then double-click Install Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac OS X.
- Completion: If Sophos is installed correctly, a solid black shield will appear in the task bar at the top of the screen, near the clock. A red circle with a white X on the shield indicates a potential problem.
- If You Need Help: Call x7333 (512.819.7333), e-mail email@example.com, or add a help ticket at http://helpdesk.southwestern.edu