Sophos Anti-Virus for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
WARNING! This package is licensed for current students, faculty, and staff of Southwestern University. Redistribution or other unauthorized use is prohibited. Package contents are maintained by Information Technology Services.
Operating system: Installation Instructions:
Windows XP Home, Media Center Edition, Professional | Service Pack 1a+ | x86, x86_64 Hardware: Refer to Windows hardware requirements | Intel Core micro architecture recommended
Windows Vista (all versions) | x86, x86_64
Windows 7 (all versions)
Disk space: 120 MB free
Memory: 256 MB
- Vista and Windows 7 Users (Important!): Do not open and run the package from your web browser. Right-click the file and choose Save As to save the file somewhere on your computer (e.g., the desktop). Right-click on the file and select Run as administrator. Choose Allow when prompted. The installation will not complete correctly if you do not give the installer administrative privileges.
- Uninstall Old Anti-Virus First: You should manually uninstall any anti-virus software currently on your machine before you begin the installation of Sophos Anti-Virus. SAV will attempt to remove currently installed anti-virus programs, but it does not always succeed. For instance, SpyBot will cause the installation to fail.
- Destination Folder: Do not change the default file extraction path.
- Install: Click ""Install"" to launch the setup program. It may appear to be idle, but the installer is doing things in the background. Please be patient.
- Completion: If Sophos is installed correctly, a solid blue shield will appear in the task bar notification area, near the clock. A red circle with a white X on the shield indicates a potential problem.
- If You Need Help: Call x7333 (512.819.7333), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or add a help ticket at http://helpdesk.southwestern.edu/.