Health Insurance - Blue Cross Blue Shield
Buy Up Plan
- Buy Up PPO Benefit Highlights (includes Prescription Drug Summary)
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) Buy Up PPO
- Buy Up Plan Benefit Booklet
- Base PPO Benefit Highlights (includes Prescription Drug Summary
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) Base PPO
- Base Plan Benefit Booklet
High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) / Health Savings Account (HSA)
- High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) Benefit Highlights (includes Prescription Drug Summary
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) High Deductible Health Plan
- HDHP / HSA Benefit Booklet
Additional HSA Information - Discovery Benefits
- What is a Health Savings Account (HSA)?
- HSA Employee Guide
- HSA Employee Handout
- HSA Frequently Asked Questions
Blue Cross Blue Shield Prime Therapeutics Prescription Drug Information
For Prescription Drug Benefits Information, use the phone number on the back of your BCBS Member ID card (800.521.2227)
- Online Tools (Download)
- Getting Started with PrimeMail - Mail Order (Download)
- Prescription Mail Order Form (Download)
Specialty Drug Information (Download)
Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms
Preventive Services Fact Sheet
BCBS Claim Form
Blue Cross Blue Shield GENERAL INFORMATION
Customer Service: 800-521-2227
Group #: 55863
Policy Holder: Employee
Identification #: Unique to each employee
Call Customer Service for:
- Additional ID Cards
- Claim Issues
Tips to remember when talking to customer service
- Document the date,
- Time of call, and
- Name of customer service representative
Call Human Resources for all address changes
Behavioral Health Services
Participating behavioral health and chemical dependency professionals and physicians are also listed in this directory. However, before seeing a behavioral health professional or physician, you must preauthorize your care by calling 1-800-528-7264. Blue Cross and Blue Shield preauthorizes services and helps you select a participating behavioral health professional or physician.
For more information about Blue Cross Blue Shield visit their website
To Locate a Provider, click on Find a Doctor in Your Network with Provider Finder on the BCBS main page. Towards the bottom of the page choose, Regional Directories - View Regional Directories. # 1. Blue Choice (PPO) for health plan, then # 2 Austin for the region and press Go. On the next page under Central, click Austin. Hint: the easiest way to find a Doctor’s name is to look him/her up in the index.
Blue Access on the web. You will need the Group No. and your ID number to receive a login and password.
Have questions regarding your coverage or need help communicating with the insurance carrier?
Please contact our Benefit Advocates: Compass Health or Gallagher Benefits Services.
Personal Health Pro
800.513.1667 x 496
General Contact Information
Gallagher Benefits Services
512.499.8005 / 800.492.8005
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.