About the Parent Leadership Gift Council
Parents of current students are eligible to join the Parent Leadership Gift Council (PLGC) and are encouraged to continue their membership following their student’s graduation from Southwestern.
- To offer opportunities for meaningful engagement between parents and University leadership.
- To help maintain the excellence of University programs by supporting the Parent Fund (part of the Southwestern Fund).
- To promote parent-to-parent interaction within the University community.
- To serve as a network of informed ambassadors for the University.
- Commit to a one-year renewable term and participate in two meetings annually: during Homecoming and Spring Family Day. Meetings vary in format, but often include student and faculty panels, distinguished alumni speakers, and input from President Ed Burger.
- Make an annual leadership gift of $2,500 or more to support the Parent Fund (part of the Southwestern Fund) or any other campus program or initiative that supports students’ educational and co-curricular experiences.
- Contact parents of entering first-year and transfer students in the fall as part of the PLGC Mentorship Campaign, giving new parents an opportunity to ask questions or share concerns. Members will help connect new parents to resources on campus, and are asked to reach out to approximately 15 new families.
- Look for opportunities to promote the University, such as assisting in student recruitment or hosting or attending regional events, such as summer send off gatherings for incoming students.
- Receive an invitation to a spring event hosted by President Burger for PLGC members and their students.
- Receive invitations to private donor events and select University events.
- Enjoy reserved seating at University events, including Commencement, Shilling Lecture, and SING!
- Connect directly with University Relations staff who answer questions and assist with efforts to support Southwestern University.