About the Parent Leadership Gift Council
Since tuition only covers approximately 55% of the Southwestern Experience, the University depends heavily on input and contributions from parents to maintain the excellence of its programs. The Parent Leadership Gift Council (PLGC) offers parents of Southwestern students the opportunity for meaningful engagement with University leadership during their child’s time on campus and beyond.
All parents of current students are eligible to join the PLGC and are encouraged to continue their membership following their child’s graduation from Southwestern. Members commit to an annual gift of $2500 or more to support the Parent Fund (part of the Southwestern Fund) or any other campus program or initiative that enhances their student’s educational and co-curricular experiences. Make a gift or an annual pledge now.
- The opportunity to meet with Southwestern President Edward B. Burger, senior staff, and Southwestern faculty, staff and students twice yearly during Homecoming and Reunion Weekend & Family Days in the fall and Spring Family Days. A reception hosted by President Burger for you and your student will kick off the Spring meeting.
- Reserved seating at University events, including Commencement, Shilling Lecture and SING!
- Invitations to all private donor events and select University events.
- Updates throughout the academic year, including progress reports on overall annual giving, parent giving and advance information about University events.
- The opportunity to serve as University liaisons to other current parents.